Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whats is jolla saying regarding refund?

1. All backers get half the money q1 and the rest later?
Or
2. First group of backers get full refund q1 and the rest later?

Any english speaker reveal the riddle? Thx

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-28 at 19:08.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I've not come across an app that wouldn't build for the tablet yet though. Silica/QML really is quite portable.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Or
My interpretation was that, those that have a legal case ie purchased from the shop with get a refund within a few months. Those who supported via indigogo may or may not get a refund soon ie at the end of the year - IF THERE IS ANY MONEY!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hope that is incorrect and that they threat all the same so all get refund. The scam is not over until it's over.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland

Or

Jolla has said earlier they want to treat all the backers equally so the first one is the only remaining one after we remove those that contradict the "equally" rule.

Or

Well, I'm English and I'm more confused now after reading it six times.

Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
My interpretation was that, those that have a legal case ie purchased from the shop with get a refund within a few months. Those who supported via indigogo may or may not get a refund soon ie at the end of the year - IF THERE IS ANY MONEY!
They pretty clearly say IGG backers will get their refund in 2 parts. The first half will be done in Q1 (so before the end of March) and the second half within a year (of march?) if (AND ONLY IF!) their financial situation allows it. They make no statement on how they will determine if they will do the second half of the refund.

Quoting Jolla blog directly:
2. Refund the remaining Indiegogo contributors: Jolla aims to refund the total contribution, including shipping and all accessories. Due to the financial constraints this will happen in two parts: half of the refund will be done during Q1/2016, and the other half within a year, our financial situation permitting.

To further clarify:

Those that ordered via the pre-order page on shop.jolla.com will get a full refund now.

Those that were in the first ~600 should be getting a tablet. 121 already have. Those that get tablets don't get any money back.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I've not come across an app that wouldn't build for the tablet yet though. Silica/QML really is quite portable.
Theres a difference between building, and being designed for.

I ran my music player on the emulator in tablet mode, sure enough it works but wow there's a large amount of wasted space...

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Theres a difference between building, and being designed for.

I ran my music player on the emulator in tablet mode, sure enough it works but wow there's a large amount of wasted space...
True, but that's why we must hope that Sailfish gets on lots more high res devices, and x86 ones too. Warehouse/openrepos needs some arch filtering too.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund