Notices

I'd like to make location based app for the Nokia N9 as part of the coding comp but I can't think of a popular app that lots of people will be interested in.

Post your ideas below and I'll try to pick one and complete it.

Thanks

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Speed cameras?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Google Latitude with "check in" and latitude friends location....

Mcdonalds finder, cos u can never be fat enough

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Destination reminder, remind user when close (1-2km) to destination. So one can take a nap on a train.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Hi Rash

I like the idea behind nokia city sense. Maybe you can do something like that but really focus your attention on the things we really need in our daily live on earth like..

- Atm's
- Gas stations
- Groceries Stores
- Parkinglots ( this would be great in big cities )
- Public transport location (information)

I mean the things you really want to know when you are by yourself alone in the middle of nowhere holding just your phone..I hope this is helpfull..

I don't know if something like this already exist ( if so is it available on the n9 ? ) And i don't know if it's even possible to make such a app. if it is i wish you luck and please please bless the world with this app lol..

There are plenty other usefull things you can add to the a LBS app but (please) try to use usefull info that one might need when in a jam or alone in the middle of nowhere..

kind regards Jimmy Neutron

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ NC USA
I'd like to have Urbanspoon and/or Yelp use my location to list restaurants (and not have to use browser). Also a native GasBuddy client would be cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to fongo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fongo View Post
I'd like to have Urbanspoon and/or Yelp use my location to list restaurants (and not have to use browser). Also a native GasBuddy client would be cool.
Some interesting ideas guys, some are a bit too much for one person to do (and for it to be decent), the speed camera ones stands out though.

I was considering a yelp app actually, so I might give that a go.

Currently I'm working on another app for the Nokia N9, so when I get a chance I'll give one of these a go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post: