Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I tried the simplest games, but they still work slowly as hell for me
Do you have a reference platform?

As for the FN key, use rover.sys .

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
As for the FN key, use rover.sys .
Alright, i'll read the whole topic over again to find out how I should get it to work :P
Edit: got it to work thanks to your post found over here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=26

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Do you have a reference platform?
about the games:

Games like Skunny Kart, Nitemare 3D (Games that uses DOS4GW)

Last edited by HtheB; 2010-04-05 at 01:49.

gui for keyboard use, and perhaps an easier way to edit the keyboard rover file and dos box config file. This thing is still in testing and for some of the games i tested the keyboard could do with some tweeking but the work required each time makes it such a mission!

LHX keys dont update with the rover.sys and go back to default which I believe is something that cant be helped but is this 100% true?

I think my big beef though is the fact that there isn't really a place to request these changes... why is the latest news on this emu on a thread called "no number keys" as an example.

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
I think my big beef though is the fact that there isn't really a place to request these changes... why is the latest news on this emu on a thread called "no number keys" as an example.
I've been trying to request the garage page from the previous project owner, to no avail.

LHX keys dont update with the rover.sys and go back to default which I believe is something that cant be helped but is this 100% true?
Then LHX is using its own keymap, and would fail in any PC with an international keyboard. Does LHX have an option to set the keyboard layout?

Originally Posted by HtheB
Games like Skunny Kart, Nitemare 3D (Games that uses DOS4GW)
I mean a reference platform; something you could use to check what the expected performance should be. (Note: Those are hardly simple games! ).

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Not 100% sure on if it's possable to change the keys on LHX but I doubt it's possable as most of the keys are used and it's the fn keys I need i.e 1-9 these become un-usable in LHX I assume due to a bios thingy...

It's insane that there is no dosbox page, sometimes I find this site frustrating, i sometimes find it impossable to search for information! I could list many examples but would be wasting time

I think a gui and mouse support through the gui would be an awesome idea, i cant believe thare hasnt been one designed for use in all of the emu's on the n900... most require a joystick and a gui for all that uses a touch sensative joystick im sure would go down well. the keys on the n900 are faaaaar too cramped, I cant play rockford easily

Not 100% sure on if it's possable to change the keys on LHX but I doubt it's possable as most of the keys are used and it's the fn keys I need i.e 1-9 these become un-usable in LHX I assume due to a bios thingy...
Well, numbers do have an alternative mapping method: the normal DOSBox mapper. You can get to it by doing "dosbox -startmapper" from terminal. This is something I might put in a menu someday.

Originally Posted by Spotfist
a gui for all that uses a touch sensative joystick im sure would go down well
It doesn't. I get tired easily, fingers hurt afterwards and I can't but think that I'm also breaking the touch screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
surely your fingers will get tired much quicker using the keys even if your able to use them at all?

i shall look into the startmapper but I assume this just reaplces one key for another...?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
hello everybody! has anyone made Xwing work??
i get the message "can't find X-wing Cd!"

Any thoughts?

classic but tie fighter was waaaay better didn't you need a mouse for these games?

It seems u need the no cd crack or fakecd, but Im sure it would be much easier to find a nocd crack...

Just wondering if there is still development going on with dosbox? Haven't seen an update for a while. I think the main issue is just speed really...even overclocked to 825mhz games (like Elder Scrolls: Arena) are still unplayable Is it even possible to get more speed from the softare or are we running up against hardware limits now?