Notices

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
audio seems to be a second off or less on xvid shows i have on my sd card

Originally Posted by phi View Post
Noticed that too with when watching xvid stream with asf muxer. Didn't have that with .24.

I noticed this as well on my n810. for some reason the avsync is always 280ms in the menus. Because of stepping I can only reset to -20 every time I load a file (tested xvid/avi and mpeg) and then the sync is okay

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Thanks for all the work you have done on the mplayer because thanks to it we have high performance media player to use by itself or with many external applications.
I have just one question about the new lavdopts lowres=1,2 etc. Is mpeg2 really so processor intensive that mplayer cannot decode normal dvb-t stream even with lowres=2, I tried to stream direct mpeg2 stream from my homecomputer to n800 but it couldn't keep up no matter how low resolution I made the video and I also tried to play part of the stream directly from memorycard so the wlan wasn't the bottleneck.
Anyway if it really needs that much power I will think of some way to transcode my digital tv to the tablet.

Oh and Mplayer crashed very badly when I tried lowres=3, I had to reboot to kill the process because killall couldn't kill it.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Yep, missing lipsync strikes back Both on youtube and .avi's.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
A sample of the video file with heavy audio sync would be nice to have.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
I have just one question about the new lavdopts lowres=1,2 etc. Is mpeg2 really so processor intensive that mplayer cannot decode normal dvb-t stream even with lowres=2, I tried to stream direct mpeg2 stream from my homecomputer to n800 but it couldn't keep up no matter how low resolution I made the video and
One of my goals of adding a working lowres decoding was DVD playback without transcoding. Now lowres=1 option just works (it did not with the previous release), but it saves only ~10% of cpu power, though the number of pixels to process got 4x smaller. In order to get the best performance, more ARM optimizations are required: lowres 4x4 IDCT, lowres motion compensation functions, etc. AC3 audio decoding is important for DVD playback, that's why I'm also adding some VFP optimizations which should pay off later.

I also tried to play part of the stream directly from memorycard so the wlan wasn't the bottleneck.
Actually WLAN is the bottleneck for high bitrate video such as DVD to a much higher extent than the decoder. I'm also hacking WLAN driver for Nokia 770 (just because official development stopped for it and we will not be stepping on each other toes) to see if its performance can be improved and cpu overhead reduced. The results are *very* promising: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=12787

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Thanks for the answers, btw what I meant about wlan bottleneck was that I tried the same type of stream which I allready had saved to memorycard prior to playing it. My goal is to stream digital tv to my tablet trough my wlan or internet when im not home. I'll guess when the dvd-decoding works efficiently enough the tvstream should also works as it's pal resolution interlaced mpeg2 stream with much lower bitrate than dvd:s.

It will be possible to increase subtitle fonts size ?

Originally Posted by winteum View Post
It will be possible to increase subtitle fonts size ?
It should be, by setting subfont-autoscale and/or subfont-textscale options in /home/user/.mplayer/config

" -subfont-autoscale <0-3> (FreeType only) Sets the autoscale mode. NOTE: 0 means that text scale and OSD scale are font heights in points. The mode can be: 0 no autoscale 1 proportional to movie height 2 proportional to movie width 3 proportional to movie diagonal (default)

-subfont-text-scale <0-100> (FreeType only)
Sets the subtitle text autoscale coefficient as percentage of the screen size
(default: 5)."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post: