Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by SonicNIT View Post
With the new SSU update, the default Media Player no longer shows my play lists. I even tried creating a new play list, reboot, and reopen Media Player, still don't see the new play list I just created. This is a big problem for me as I use the default Media Player to listen to my favorite songs daily. I believe this is the first time the default Media Player is broke after a SSU update.
That's, unfortunately, true also for me.

I'll file a bug later if no one else has already done it...

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Please do so at your earliest convenience. I have been using the NIT for a little over a year now, and look forward to using it for another 3+ years.

Thanks!

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
Has anyone else been knocked off msn? I tried to apt-get install libpurple---- etc and even though I have it locally it would not install....

nm, seems to have fixed itself...

Last edited by Oberon85; 2008-12-18 at 17:47. Reason: blind stupidity for not waiting before posting... doh!

Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
I have the osso-software-version-rx*4-unlocked package, so it didn't cause any problems upgrading libc6, and then the System Upgrade was able to work straight up from Application Manager.

If you currently have the regular osso-software-version-rx*4 package installed, try removing it, and then see if you can then upgrade libc6 and the system. I know this can be a bit dangerous, but if you want the system upgrade, and don't want to uninstall libc6-dev and lose your build environment, this may be the only choice. It worked for me.
I would not recommend removing osso-software-version-rx?? which as you said is dangerous, but rather installing osso-software-version-rx??-unlocked, which isn't really. Unless you're in some situation where that wouldn't work either (and I haven't seen one, though I'm sure it's possible), just play it safe.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by SonicNIT View Post
With the new SSU update, the default Media Player no longer shows my play lists.
Had same issue, already posted to this thread about it. Rerun: restore playlist from backup, reboot, and all is well again.

The Following User Says Thank You to speednut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Your post was about Radio Stations, what has this to do with Playlists?
Something similar we can do for Playlists?

looks like they are simply files stored on the internal file system that should be automatically added by Media Player, instead they are not.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by grog View Post
I did that on my N810 & am still not seeing it. 'About Product' is still just showing 4.2008.36-5.
I couldn't see the update from application manager either so I just plugged in my n810 and used the update wizard from my pc.

Update was smooth.

But I wonder why nobody mentions the great speed increase of microb browser?

Well done, Nokia. Very happy with this upgrade!

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Are there people who still don't see this as an "update"? I have yet to get the notification (in North America). This happened to me last time, too. Argh. I really don't want to reflash.

The Following User Says Thank You to thorbo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
But I wonder why nobody mentions the great speed increase of microb browser?
No noticeable speed increase here.