Active Topics

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I tried using the Mer installer from extras to put the 0.17testing2 generic armel build on my N800.

It gets as far as displaying "starting linuxrc from mer..." and then reboots.

am I jumping the gun? any assistance.

Gary

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
http://stskeeps.subnetmask.net/mer/0...esting2.tar.gz if you -really- want to play.

Image is quite slow due to transitions not being disabled and well, no GLES drivers.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Thanks now installed and "running" on an N800

Hmm, it is very slow isn't it! I assume the fabled drivers from TI will help here.

Initial setup screens are fine, apart from no virtual keyboard is displayed when using the network connection manager though. Presumably as it's not "maemoised" at all.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Thanks now installed and "running" on an N800

Hmm, it is very slow isn't it! I assume the fabled drivers from TI will help here.

Initial setup screens are fine, apart from no virtual keyboard is displayed when using the network connection manager though. Presumably as it's not "maemoised" at all.
Yes, we are working on a virtual keyboard update at the moment too.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
mer v0.17