Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
I am removing this post due to a copyright complaint.

Read the text at its source:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/19/s...is-all-screen/

Last edited by qole; 2014-08-20 at 17:05. Reason: Copy-Paste of Engadget article

There is also a better device called Aquos Crystal X, but sold only in Japan:

5,5 inch screen full HD, Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (2.3 GHz), GPU Adreno 330 (578 Mhz), 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
With capacitive screens bezel-less design is rubbish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
You'll better get used to it! That bottom bezel is going to disappear soon to! Change is a comin'!

Final form
Halfway there

Opinion about phone: love it! Put some Sailfish in there, make it taste real good! Hmhmmmm

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-08-20 at 15:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Waow !
did you just copy/paste the engadget article

so much for the respect of copyrights and licences on a site that is supposed to promote open source licences ...
If you want open source licences associated with your favorite softwares to be respected, start by respecting the work of others !

Last edited by pierrem; 2014-08-20 at 15:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I realise a lot of people here are probably living in a bit of a timewarp and still glued to their N800, but which ultra slim bezel phone have you recently had a problem with? None I'm guessing.

I've played with a Sharp Aquos Zeta (Docomo version of these Softbank phones with very slightly larger bezels) that a friend brought back from Japan. The screen is insanely accurate.

+1 to seeing this with Sailfish on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Hmm, while I agree that a capacitive without a bezel would be a nightmare to hold and operate, the phone IMHO looks really ugly without a bezel.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I realise a lot of people here are probably living in a bit of a timewarp and still glued to their N800, but which ultra slim bezel phone have you recently had a problem with? None I'm guessing.
I just recently picked up an HTC One M8 (mainly because I wanted to get into writing apps for Android). A beautiful phone, indeed! However, this was the order of events when I first tried to pick it up:

1) Whoosh! This phone is slick. Literally. Slipped right out of my hand the first time I tried to pick it up. I'm used to my N900, which fits neatly in the palm of my hand; this thing is too big for that, so I needed to get used to curling my fingers around the edges in order to get enough of a grip on it.

2) Whoops! This thing has no bezel; every time I curled my fingers around it, I kept starting apps or randomly executing tasks in the currently running app. What I really needed to do was not to curl my fingers around the phone, but instead just hold the edges more tightly with my fingertips.

3) OUCH! As is the current fashion, this phone is wafer-thin. Maybe I'm just getting old, but gripping the edges of this thing tightly really hurts. (I can't wait until they start producing phones that can also shave your beard.) So, what I really needed to do was not to hold the phone tightly with my fingertips, but rather hold it lightly with my fingertips.

4) Whoosh! This phone is slick...

I've slowly started figuring out a method to successfully keep this phone in my hand without killing myself, but I have to admit I spend much more time admiring it sitting on the desk than admiring it in my hand.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-08-20 at 18:11.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I just recently picked up an HTC One M8 (mainly because I wanted to get into writing apps for Android). A beautiful phone, indeed! However, this was the order of events when I first tried to pick it up:

1) Whoosh! This phone is slick. Literally. Slipped right out of my hand the first time I tried to pick it up. I'm used to my N900, which fits neatly in the palm of my hand; this thing is too big for that, so I needed to get used to curling my fingers around the edges in order to get enough of a grip on it.

2) Whoops! This thing has no bezel; every time I curled my fingers around it, I kept starting apps or randomly executing tasks in the currently running app. What I really needed to do was not to curl my fingers around the phone, but instead just hold the edges more tightly with my fingertips.

3) OUCH! As is the current fashion, this phone is wafer-thin. Maybe I'm just getting old, but gripping the edges of this thing tightly really hurts. (I can't wait until they start producing phones that can also shave your beard.) So, what I really needed to do was not to hold the phone tightly with my fingertips, but rather hold it lightly with my fingertips.

4) Whoosh! This phone is slick...

I've slowly started figuring out a method to successfully keep this phone in my hand without killing myself, but I have to admit I spend much more time admiring it sitting on the desk than admiring it in my hand.
I would put this down to transitioning from an N900 to a thin, thin bezeled, massive screened keyboardless Android phone.

Unless you have tiny or incredibly greasy hands, I doubt you'll have too much of a problem in future.

Anyway, the Sharp is square edged and thicker. You wouldn't have the same issue.

Edit: Also, some people do struggle to hold phones anyway. Why not just get one of the rubberised cases like the standard one that came with the N9 (which has to go down as the most slippery phone ever made).

Last edited by bluefoot; 2014-08-20 at 20:31.