Posts: 177 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State, USA
There was nothing in the /home/user/.opera/cache4 folder for me. I (backed up first and ) deleted cookies4.dat, download.dat and global.dat from .opera and it's up and running again.

My browser crashed with this exact message every time I started it after installing MicroB on 2007HE. What I did was remove the second line (engine=microb) from /home/user/.browser

After this the browser works like a charm.

Experiencing the same problem however Im having trouble locating the file. Not the most tech savvy (and I apologize for this) so can someone "dumb it down". Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by cccxxvl View Post
Experiencing the same problem however Im having trouble locating the file. Not the most tech savvy (and I apologize for this) so can someone "dumb it down". Thanks in advance.
Er... You won't be able to find the files using the File Manager.

1. Start out by installing Xterm (Application Manager, then Browse installable applications, and look for Advance Xterm or the like, then install it).
2. Once installed, you'll find it in Extras->X Terminal. Launch it. This will give you "shell" access to your N770. You can now type commands.
4. "cd .opera" will Change Directory to .opera/.
5. "ls -a" to see the files you're looking for.
6. "rm <filename>", where <filename> is replaced with the file you'd like to ReMove. ex. "rm download.dat" or "rm global.dat"

thanks for the reply vinh.
Ive gotten as far as downloading osso-xterm, however when I tried to install and app. manager opened it is unable to refresh list and the last update is shown (from 03/09/2009). Can an earlier version be found already in my app. manager perhaps under a different name? no xterminal was found at all

The "last update" is the last time the Application Manager was able to update the list of packages available from the repositories. Connect your N770 to wi-fi and try to get that to work. It's odd that you would need the updated list to install something. (I don't have wi-fi at work, so I can't give you a definitive answer as to whether you need the updated list or not for install to work.) Unfortunately, to see if you have it on your N770 already and ready to install, you need the updated list...