Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
As the title says, it's about Win8.1 which is a step closer to Windows 9, anyway, today the Preview of 8.1 was released. So, who got the update? Mine is still on "Pending." The update size is 1 GB (Well, 1.95 GB so technically 2GB), and it's free of charge for registered Windows 8 users with a Genuine copy of Windows 8 Pro. For Enterprise users there are ISOs to download. So, who got the update and is it downloading or like me, stuck at pending?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Last edited by AMD; 2013-06-26 at 18:36.

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
As the title says, it's about Win8.1 which is a step closer to Windows 9, anyway, today the Preview of 8.1 was released. So, who got the update? Mine is still on "Pending." The update size is 1 GB (Well, 1.95 GB so technically 2GB), and it's free of charge for registered Windows 8 users with a Genuine copy of Windows 8 Pro. For Enterprise users there are ISOs to download. So, who got the update and is it downloading or like me, stuck at pending?
I got Windows 8 PRO with genunine license and I didn't get any updated like that. The only update I got today was only the update for the built-in antivirus, and a 4kb Windows 8 security update...

Any official sources?

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
I got Windows 8 PRO with genunine license and I didn't get any updated like that. The only update I got today was only the update for the built-in antivirus, and a 4kb Windows 8 security update...

Any official sources?
Right here
Click on Get it Now and follow the instructions

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

My download reached 26% ..

Right here
Click on Get it Now and follow the instructions
Thank you, just watched that presentation on the website, and I don't think I'm going to try it out.

I don't even use much the new Metro interface, I just bought it because of it's stability, and also, it was 40 euro.

Windows 8 still have some bugs, and windows 8.1 will have even more. They go to a next level without completing the previous.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Windows 8 still have some bugs, and windows 8.1 will have even more. They go to a next level without completing the previous.
I was under the impression that WIN 8.1 was something like a patch uninstalling the Metro-Thingy, kind of making 8 more like 7.

Pardon me if I am incorect here, as a non-windows-user I am not always on top of these things.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
What a coincidence. My other half has just pinged me with this. Copied verbatim from her email but especially the second paragraph is something I can fully identify with

Apparently “…the operating system will add a standard driver model and an API for the new 3D printer devices. This will make the 3D printing experience slightly simpler and more consistent for both developers and users…”

Wow, now that’s a cool feature I didn’t even know 3D printers existed on the consumer market. Well, what do you know. I like the comment in the article, “I really want a 3D printer, and I love that prices are coming down, but I can not for the life of me figure out what I would actually use it for...” I can surely relate to that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm not impressed.

I installed it, wow. Fail. Actually it said "Let's start" I got to look at the new version for 5 minutes. It signed out, I signed in, my desktop went black and I wasn't able to access anything. Serious fail. I just went back to the Pro.. This is seriously such a fail..

I installed it, wow. Fail. Actually it said "Let's start" I got to look at the new version for 5 minutes. It signed out, I signed in, my desktop went black and I wasn't able to access anything. Serious fail. I just went back to the Pro.. This is seriously such a fail..
And when I said I know MS history and won't install this preview nobody would listen... Windows 8 PRO, that I am using right now, still have some bugs, and they will leave this unfinised and launch a new version? I don't think so.