Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
kinuvas,

Your thread has been merged here. The simple solution for your issue is to type in terminal as regular user:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.qmf
Worked!! Thank You...Thank You!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinuvas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Mumbai , India
Dear Friends

Requesting you to kindly tell me how to view / delete unwanted data from Application Data.

If i go to settings > Device > data storage > Application Data > Other Installations > 1.7 GB .

How to view / delete this 1.7 gb data

Regards

Ketan

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The "Application Data" is your "/home/user/" directory, or actually the partition "/dev/mmcblk0p3" on your device.
You can access the content from console when you have developer mode enabled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Isn't there a file manager on the device that could access the partition? Like Filebox on the N900.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yes, you can install filebox but the problem might be how to install it if your drive is already full

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Mumbai , India
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The "Application Data" is your "/home/user/" directory, or actually the partition "/dev/mmcblk0p3" on your device.
You can access the content from console when you have developer mode enabled.

Is it possible to explain step by step process as iam new to this phone

Regards

Your device normally has the internal flash memory divided in 3 partitions, let's call them different disks.

The size of the disks differs whether you have 16G or 64G device, so that on both types the size of the MyDocs changes, other disks are always the same size. (unless you change the sizes, of course...)

So, on 16G device you have:
  • /dev/mmcblk0p1 ..... (MyDocs) ..... 9G
  • /dev/mmcblk0p2 ..... (root) ............ 4G
  • /dev/mmcblk0p3 ..... (home) ......... 2G

On 64G device you have:
  • /dev/mmcblk0p1 ..... (MyDocs) ..... 56G

Each of these disks are used for different things, and can have different filesystem format.

MyDocs is used to store your music, pictures, etc.personal data.
home is used for setup data of your applications.
root is used for the applications themselves.

Normally MyDocs is formatted as FAT32 because that disk can be mounted to an external computer as an USB memory when you connect the cable and select the memory export option.

root and home disks are formatted as ext4fs which is more advanced filesystem but cannot be recognized by windows computers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Your device normally has the internal flash memory divided in 3 partitions, let's call them different disks.

The size of the disks differs whether you have 16G or 64G device, so that on both types the size of the MyDocs changes, other disks are always the same size. (unless you change the sizes, of course...)

So, on 16G device you have:
  • /dev/mmcblk0p1 ..... (MyDocs) ..... 9G

On 64G device you have:
  • /dev/mmcblk0p1 ..... (MyDocs) ..... 56G

Each of these disks are used for different things, and can have different filesystem format.

MyDocs is used to store your music, pictures, etc.personal data.
home is used for setup data of your applications.
root is used for the applications themselves.

Normally MyDocs is formatted as FAT32 because that disk can be mounted to an external computer as an USB memory when you connect the cable and select the memory export option.

root and home disks are formatted as ext4fs which is more advanced filesystem but cannot be recognized by windows computers.

Hi jucieme, Thanks for the info about the memories. Its pretty clear now for me. Anyways, I am also facing the same problem as pinkfloyd1971. The application data is filling up pretty quickly. Mine is almost 720 MB is full and out of that 705 MB is taken by "Other Installations". I never understood what this other installations are and how do we clear it up. Please help.

hello,

this is a very newbie problem (i hope).

my application data (which is 2,1 gb, like everyone else's) is full.
this is caused mainly by wazapp, which is responsible for the usage of 1,3 gb. this is because i have a lot of stupid friends that send me a lot of stupid images via wazapp.

this causes a lot of side effects, like not being able to use the main facebook application ("account disabled". i checked into accounts and it seems enabled, but the app shows the "account disabled" message).

i bet there is some way to get rid of all the stupid data that i don't intend to keep. uninstallin wazapp doesn't help.

i hope you will help me.

thank you
br
ivan

p.s. is there a way to make wazapp save all the stupid images etc into the user data (57,6 gb for me) and not into the tiny app data?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Hi. I'm having this problem, and using HMTsu and Filebox I was able to pare /home/user/ .qmt down to 240+ MB from 700+, but I can't delete the rest. Thankfully my mails seem to still be there. Settings/Application usage (and df -h) still report more than 1.5GB used on the Application data partition. Using FolderPie I see that /home/user/.thumbnails is using almost 500MB. Is it safe to delete .thumbnails and how can I do it? Thanks.

[edit: no, in the end, I had to delete all mail accounts, rm -rvf /home/user/.qmf as *regular* user, and then reconfigure my mail accounts. It solved the bug where one of the accounts did not notify of new mails, though ]

Last edited by tigas; 2013-12-30 at 12:34.

Tags
application, popup, space, storage