Closed Thread
is there a way to get someone banned permanently?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
okay like seriously guys/girls what is going on with community everyone take a chill pill, breath deep and relax... what is up with the brewhaahaa if the winners are Ivan Galvez Junquera (ivgalvez), Randall Arnold (Texrat), and Tim Samoff (timsamoff)... they are now the B.o.D and thus the handover of maemo.org from nokia can commence right...

Agreed - we need to hear more from Board, and less for those, who were filtered *out* during last election.

I've started "Ask the Board" thread, for direct communication between Board and Community:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87659

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm more than willing to hear from everyone who feels "filtered out". I'd like to filter them back in.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm more than willing to hear from everyone who feels "filtered out". I'd like to filter them back in.
Randall,

your gesture is chivalrous but you need to keep in mind that Estel has been a pariah by his own choice for most of the last Council's tenure.
he is accusing still members of the last Council, namely Woody, but whenever he is confronted (by Woody or others) about an accusation, he comes up with something else, like a kid caught in a lie.
the reason why he is accusing Woody all the time is because Woody took it on himself to debunk Estel's accusation against the whole Council after his eviction.

rather then removing filter, what's needed here is to ban Estel permanently...

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Everyone, please keep your posts on-topic and refrain from posting insults, personal attacks, and attempts at character assassination. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Also, it's big lack of respect for other candidates - it's like saying "I'm so awesome, that I could replace any of elected candidates, but I didn't want to, so don't vote for me". In all democracies suggestions of having "licensed opposition" (fake opposition, without real will to win, so other candidate can win) is real insult, and many times, invalidate whole election.

C'mon Ivan, be a man. Either you're in and want to win, or revoke your candidacy - what you're trying to do now, being "half virgin, half pregnant" is very, very bad practice, for any election.

/Estel
Question for Maemo.org moderation : the above behaviour of Estel will be tolerated ??? He has no limits ofending people during this year.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Everyone, please keep your posts on-topic and refrain from posting insults, personal attacks, and attempts at character assassination. Thank you.
Sjgadsby

my previous post is apart from the "conclusion" a mere listing of facts.
would you like me to put links to all those things?
as Estel kidnaps practically every "Council" thread to post his lies, that wouldn't be much of a feat, really

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Congrats from me too!
If you are looking for help you know where to find the right people.

For those who are seeking for justice... I won't delete posts here so everyone can read the whole story. For the several requests to give infractions or permanently ban someone: I will look into it and discuss with Administration.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread