Active Topics

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Avoid the distractions.
Sometimes it's good to NOT let the 'mainstream media' think for you.

Edit: Not to be condescending. I'm sure we already know this.

Last edited by mike727; 2017-06-02 at 01:21.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mike727 View Post
Sometimes it's good to NOT let the 'mainstream media' think for you.

Edit: Not to be condescending. I'm sure we already know this.
It's also wise to know when and where to share this ********.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I am saddened by the current turn of events, however predictable they were.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
It's also wise to know when....
Well, it's somewhat relating to current events.

.....and where....
Although the subtitle states, "No religious or political topics please", this rule seems to be widely ignored by some; on numerous occasions (we're guilty as charged).

....to share this ********.
I can see your frustration and the same can be said about anything conflicting with one's opinion.

I get it! It's fun to hate on Trump at every angle. How can he get away with this?

Instead of indulging in self pity; I try to examine & reason between various sides of the argument as a means to avoid cognitive dissonance. Of course you will come to things that are obviously not worth investing any time into, since their ideas are laughable; such as Alex Jones' rants or Bill Nye's "important message" about "gender science".

I only thought it worthwhile mentioning that discussion (4909) as a means of avoiding this platform from becoming a boring "propaganda machine".

Edit: There are always more than one side to a story. I don't claim to be Mr Know-it-all; but IMO, there are faults with both Hillary & Trump & their respective "followers" (an understatement). Such sensitive topics are best left out, as TMO rules dictate. I hope nobody has developed assumptions about where I am coming from, as was previously addressed.

Last edited by mike727; 2017-06-02 at 07:34.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No point in taking a serious political discussion here. We are tech geeks. But if you have a funny gif. Please share.

Smog countdown in major american cities are/is on...

Now the rest of the world have to step up and push/help China to improve the issue for the world.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-06-02 at 11:11.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I don't believe in gravity. It's a global conspiracy kept alive by evil NASA and airline companies to protect their profits.

There. A non-political post.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I don't believe in gravity. It's a global conspiracy kept alive by evil NASA and airline companies to protect their profits.

There. A non-political post.
Then what do you believe in?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Then what do you believe in?
I believe that Dave999 has been implanted on Earth by a super-intelligent race of alien lizards from a Jupiter-like planet orbiting Sirius and given the specific task to troll TMO to disruption.

Sirius is 8.5 light years away which means the news of the creation of Maemo is quite fresh on Sirius. The Sirians figured out that Maemo is a threat and if they allowed it to flourish, the humans would be soon elevated to the next stage and developed interstellar travel within two decades. They would not allow that to happen and quickly dispatched a beam of super-light-speed stream of particles to affect the brains of the Earth's population. A small proportion of the Earth's population is immune to these particles but the most are affected in some way. The majority by steering their buying preference towards Apple and Google; Elop by turning himself into a Microsoft mole and Dave999... well, we all know Dave999.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I believe that Dave999 has been implanted on Earth by a super-intelligent race of alien lizards from a Jupiter-like planet orbiting Sirius and given the specific task to troll TMO to disruption.

Sirius is 8.5 light years away which means the news of the creation of Maemo is quite fresh on Sirius. The Sirians figured out that Maemo is a threat and if they allowed it to flourish, the humans would be soon elevated to the next stage and developed interstellar travel within two decades. They would not allow that to happen and quickly dispatched a beam of super-light-speed stream of particles to affect the brains of the Earth's population. A small proportion of the Earth's population is immune to these particles but the most are affected in some way. The majority by steering their buying preference towards Apple and Google; Elop by turning himself into a Microsoft mole and Dave999... well, we all know Dave999.
Would be a solid movie. Could be the plot of indipendents day 3. Now we just need the actor that fleed America after indipendence day one. Dave999 is played by the white snowball in indendence day 2.

And as always. Dave is blamed for everything until last scene when swoops in and saves the day.

Anyways. Stock market is crazy now. Maybe I can finance that movie soon. I mean if they can do sharknado 5 anything is possible

If you don't believe in gravity...how would this be possible https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=DYBZxEvd9Lo ?

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-06-02 at 14:54.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mike727 View Post
Well, it's somewhat relating to current events.
But it's political. That's a no-no here.

Although the subtitle states, "No religious or political topics please", this rule seems to be widely ignored by some; on numerous occasions (we're guilty as charged).
Largely ignored by a very small set, yet very repeat offending group. Even a person as dense me has stopped doing that here and have stuck to oddly placed witticisms around technology for the most part. Well, soaking in the gathered knowledge of the members here too... that's been most enlightening to be honest.

I can see your frustration and the same can be said about anything conflicting with one's opinion.
There's no frustration. I proffered a bit of advice in regards to knowing your environment and what may/may not be useful in those situations. Seems as if I was not blunt enough.

Please stop posting political posts here at TMO. I ask kindly that you follow the rules of TMO in that regard.

I get it! It's fun to hate on Trump at every angle. How can he get away with this?
Although I did not vote for him, I have no hate for Trump. He won, he's the US President, we can agree and disagree on his tactics and antics; the fact remains that he's the US President despite any outburst of any emotion for the rest of his term.

The more people were to accept that, then we'd be able to forego the distractions and move towards helping our immediate communities and concerns where we actually have power. Who knows, it may end up being a positive experience where people actually care for others and politicians empower those that help, not hurt or hinder such altruistic endeavors.

I also believe in FOSS too. Guess that shows as well.

Instead of indulging in self pity...
The only pity is that you've brought politics to a geek site. There's a colloquialism that goes like this - I don't bring the party to the church, so please don't bring the church to the party.

I try to examine & reason between various sides of the argument as a means to avoid cognitive dissonance.
We're a multi-cultural, multi-background, multi-device, multi-OS, multi-disciplined group of geeks that all somehow found love in Maemo, MeeGo, Nokia Internet Tablets and other geek stuff. Politics often is divisive whereas the love of gadgets keeps us here.

How about this as a concept. Go where the argument is happening and participate there because it's not here.

Thank you in advance.

Back to countdowns, geek stuff and non-political rants about Richard Stallman actually being right. And pocketable devices we'd actually purchase...

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson