Originally Posted by ujwalsoni View Post
What I'm suggesting is that it's a planned move by Nokia. Certainly, a lot of companies out there would want to snap up the MeeGo team.. so it's suspicious that they go for their own outfit with dubious profit-making capability rather than join some big corporation..

Unless I see Nokia taking action against these guys..I'm gonna assume that there's something fishy..
I would rather expect Nokia trying to sink them down. Suggesting, that it's planned move by Nokia, is little bit of disrespect for those brave people, IMO.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I wish these guys best of luck and i will definitely going to buy a phone they make

Jolla oy

jollamobile.fi domain granted 25.10.2011

edit. sorry, here the page in english Jolla oy

Last edited by dietyyli; 2012-07-07 at 19:07.

I wonder who's going to be their hardware manufacturer

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
My heart says yes my mind says BS. Even if they manage to have a device to sell it will hardly make it out of the Scandinavian countries. At best they will be bought by some bigger player and once again we will be left wondering what it could have been.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I would rather expect Nokia trying to sink them down. Suggesting, that it's planned move by Nokia, is little bit of disrespect for those brave people, IMO.

/Estel
It's no disrespect. Nokia may have fired then, but this doesn't mean Nokia want to cut all ties. It's better to have friends than enemies (trololo )

But who knows, lots of things are done in the heat of the moment, and this may be such a thing.

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
My heart says yes my mind says BS. Even if they manage to have a device to sell it will hardly make it out of the Scandinavian countries. At best they will be bought by some bigger player and once again we will be left wondering what it could have been.
what about raspberry pi?? it also began with huge doubts many thought it will never come out and look at it now! they can barely keep up with demand.

if It's anything near what MeeGo on N9 is and the price is right, there will be a demand for it

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-07-07 at 13:00.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I don't even expect or demand high-end hardware or anything that's ahead of the market feature-wise. All I want is an open system that's not tied to a specific "cloud", to a specific "ecosystem", to a specific PC-client necessary for syncing,.... I want a mobile PC for my pockets, very much like the N900 or the non-phone Maemo devices were. Forget UI and performance. Give me freedom.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
jolla is finish company so if they come up with something they should definitivly try release it in scandinavia first. Sweden loves new stuff to test.

but then again how far are they coming up with something? Linkedin says company is two months old. And this may take time before they eeven can show an alphadevice to be honest. It very easy start companys but realese your vision is alot harder.

but for sure I support those people cause this is what europeans needs we cant all work for google or microsoft

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i second the theory that Nokia is an investor in this venture. It makes sense to do disruptions outside of your own house and let the team have creativity and resources that may have been hijacked by Symbian group in the past.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla