Active Topics

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
I do - unless I forget - the problem is this happens when I don'T use it much .. when I use the phone more (especially with WiFi enabled of course) the battery goes down a lot faster!
I get a bit more than one day of my battery but if i use it very hard then the battery may need more recharging, just like yours.

But i once bought a zte blade, which i later gave to a friend since i found out that i really hated android and bouht a second N900 instead, but i kept the charger from it which is extremly small, and which i always bring with me in my pocket.

Unfoutunately, there wont be a worthy replacement for the n900 before Kubuntu, plasma, windows xp or something similar gets onto a decent gsm/4G-hardware.And that will probably thake a while ;(

Last edited by electroaudio; 2012-01-16 at 20:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Why should the N9 be hard to get in Austria? It was one of the countries where Nokia originally released it. Even it is no more available from the operators (after three months, which is sad), you should get it from every good webstore. If unsure, just order it from amazon.de
you are right of course . I should've written it properly: it isn'T available from my phone provider (I think either 3 or tmobile have it )

"Problem" is that I like to use the pen with my N900. the N9 doesn't have a pen anymore and - correct me if I'm wrong- is finger optimized and won'T work well with pens -- or does it?

Having looked at a Samsung Note in a shop I do like the feel of it - unfortunately it was one of those without battery so you can'T bu tit on but whatever - and the fact it has a pressure sensitive pen! now If that could run Maemo or Meego .. hmm that would be cool

Ask yourself - Is your phone a tool or a toy ?

Because when the "hardcore" speak, many treat theirs as a toy for recreational tinkering rather then for functionality - hence insistence on full open source. Face it - unless you are a sysadmin of some type or work in unix env full time (and some do on here), terminal and FOSS is not going to increase your productivity.

if your phone is a tool, then there are a myriad of phones out there for you. You dont have to love your tool, as long as it does its job, who gives a flying fvck whether its open or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
you are right of course . I should've written it properly: it isn'T available from my phone provider (I think either 3 or tmobile have it )

"Problem" is that I like to use the pen with my N900. the N9 doesn't have a pen anymore and - correct me if I'm wrong- is finger optimized and won'T work well with pens -- or does it?

Having looked at a Samsung Note in a shop I do like the feel of it - unfortunately it was one of those without battery so you can'T bu tit on but whatever - and the fact it has a pressure sensitive pen! now If that could run Maemo or Meego .. hmm that would be cool
3 and T-Mobile both had it back in October when the N9 was released. Now three months later both dropped it in favor of the Lumia 800...

Seeing that quick drop of availability of the N9 (in Australia Vodafone also doesn't offer it anymore after three months), I decided to buy me a second unlocked N9 to be safe.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
My path after n900.

Desire s --> SE ARC --> nokia n9 --> SG Note and my next phones probably be the first Tizen phone.

I'm still using my n900.
Not sure about tizen with the html5 app stuff .. gotta see how that actually works out ..

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
3 and T-Mobile both had it back in October when the N9 was released. Now three months later both dropped it in favor of the Lumia 800...

Seeing that quick drop of availability of the N9 (in Australia Vodafone also doesn't offer it anymore after three months), I decided to buy me a second unlocked N9 to be safe.
Similar here in Austria

Apart from that I am thinking along the lines of .. should I really be giving a company, that didn't just screw over the Community once but does it again with a new product (with it having been clear quite a while before the N9 was even out, that it will be the *first and last* MeeGo phone), money or rather try out something different..

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Ask yourself - Is your phone a tool or a toy ?

Because when the "hardcore" speak, many treat theirs as a toy for recreational tinkering rather then for functionality - hence insistence on full open source. Face it - unless you are a sysadmin of some type or work in unix env full time (and some do on here), terminal and FOSS is not going to increase your productivity.

if your phone is a tool, then there are a myriad of phones out there for you. You dont have to love your tool, as long as it does its job, who gives a flying fvck whether its open or not.
That is of course a valid point. For me it is both, as I am a long time Linux user, admin and developer. I was overjoyed to find a Shell pre-installed on my device and all the python modules needed either installed or easily installable!
So for me it does make a difference

Which is why I haven'T gone out and bought an Android device so far. I'm gonna try some battery saving tips from the forums here and/or maybe get a battery off ebay (but who knows how long those last ..) - if everything else fails and I "have to" retire my N900 (at least as a phone - I'd keep it as internet tablet and as FCamera cam )

The Following User Says Thank You to LordVan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
vote for upgrading n900 hardware,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
One more N900
or Something Powered By Ti OMAP 5 series

I do wonder if you could put maemo/meego on a Samsung Galaxy note as I really like the hardware from what I've seen