Active Topics

Does it work? If not: is there an alternative ?

Thanks for any advice...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Yes it works.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Wasn't there a problem with the transparent backgrounds in OS2008? Or has that been fixed... Or maybe I'm wrong

Does it work and does transparency work are two different questions. Yes, it works, as in it does what it's supposed to. Does the transparency feature work, no, not in the current version on OS2008.

Does anyone know when they will fix the transparency issue? Anytime soon?

Thanks.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
When I tried it earlier on OS2008, there were lots of issues. It wasn't always 100% accurate in opening the app that I'd clicked on, sometimes it would even open apps that weren't on the list, which was weird.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Please add requests to the project Tracker -- who knows if the developer reads ITT.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/simple-launcher/

-T.

P.S. I've already reported the transparency issue.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
When I tried it earlier on OS2008, there were lots of issues. It wasn't always 100% accurate in opening the app that I'd clicked on, sometimes it would even open apps that weren't on the list, which was weird.
Strange, never had any problem with it. I've even restored my backup from the beta OS and remembered all settings and programs. I'm launching all my apps from the desktop;

It's not transparent but I've placed it on the bottom and looks acceptable.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I've been using Simple Launcher on my N810 with minimal problems. As already mentioned, no transperancy but like Saturn I just place it at the bottom

As for not launching of incorrect apps, I have seen that but only with what ever app is located to the far right of the SL bar. Whenever I would attempt to launch that far right app, the far left app on my bar would launch instead. As a work around, I just stuck an extra app in the far right position that I don't need to launch :P

Would really like to see this app updated officially for OS2008

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
I would like to see this app officially in OS2008 w/ transparency fixed as well. It's one of two apps that I really miss. (osso-statusbar-cpu being the other that supposedly has issues as well)