Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
They have money and 50+ employees and the desperately need customer and market shares. They need profit and so they need to establish visibility and reliable information chanals. They need a basic website!
If they have money right now, then they don't desperately need customers right now. Especially as they don't yet have a product to sell. And who says they aren't marketing to their customer base yet? If they are concentrating on selling to manufacturers, they have little need for a website for the general public...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
If they have money right now, then they don't desperately need customers right now. Especially as they don't yet have a product to sell. And who says they aren't marketing to their customer base yet? If they are concentrating on selling to manufacturers, they have little need for a website for the general public...
I hope that post was not serious. Atleast that's my take on it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If they currently don't have a product or OS to show, what do they need a site for? To publish 3 press releases on it?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
From what I understood they aren't just researchers who put together some ideas. They are working on a real product which they want to sell.
My understanding is that they are mostly software engineers. I doubt they have any in-house ability to manufacture (or, really, design) hardware to any great degree. As such, it makes more sense for them to concentrate on developing a great OS that they can market to manufacturers, rather than get bogged down in the details of hardware manufacturing themselves, or even worse, retail marketing.

I suspect Jolla is doing things the right way around: concentrating on having a product to sell first, then dealing with how to sell it. They've got money now, and they've got software engineers now; so they have the luxury of actually doing significant design work without bothering much with other corporate details.

They honestly don't need to communicate with the public right now. Time spent marketing is time not spent coding.

They have no factories of course, but who said they don't have hardware designers? They can outsource the production of actual devices, but they can still put their own ideas into hardware design. At least that's what I understood from various Jolla videos - they don't want to rely on someone's ready product (i.e. hardware), but want to create one themselves. Obviously they won't go that far as creating their own GPUs and even SoCs and etc, but they surely can come up with their own external design. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see until November.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
You really are very impatient person, aren't you?

It's really quiet in Helsinki. I know a person who's part of the Jolla team, but the person won't tell me a thing about the upcoming device or anything else considering development. That's their style.

edit: And I respect that, even though it's kind of lame to announce things through twitter.
It's just the way Dave rolls, we all have gotten used to it by now

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Forget a out me. Why is it so quite in jolla land? Must be some articles about jolla in the local newspaper from time to time.

Can you mark it for extraction?

Is your friend at work less than 8 hours a day, close to 8 hours a day or more than 8 hours a day?

Can you provide a photo of the building they are working on. Do they have as jolla sign outside the door or do they trying to be completely hidden.

I think we need to step up our investigation to find any real information a out this shell company.

Anyone with a great voice imitation of elop. If we could call as fake elop we can could offer the a deal they can't reduce.

Time to put a plan in motion. I'll be back.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I came to this thread for intelligent discussion (lol, I know), but all I got was complaints about not having a website, incessant masturbation over hardware keyboards and and the usual nonsense from Lumiaclown and Dave999. Oh TMO, some things never change. (yes, I realise I'm posting in a troll thread)

For intelligent discussions, please open a thread here: http://opentablets.org/forum/43-jolla/
Hopefully trolling will be prevented in it.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla