Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Yugoslavia
Originally Posted by blck View Post
Hi,
where is the standard images-folder? The N900 doesn't display the Lockbutton anymore, eventhough the path is the same (compared to the Media-Widget-Buttons which are displayed).

Thanks, Blck
There is no standars images-folder, the images are embedded in the project and thus cannot be addressed, extracted or replaced in a folder. What you can do is to create a new folder wherever you want (I'd recommend /home/user/qtlock/) and there place the images you want to use/replace.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Yugoslavia
I have a problem with the time not updating on the lockscreen. It shows the time from when I use the lockscreen the first time after a reboot, after that it's just stuck on whatever time it was when I booted, though the desktop and system clock updates as usual. Not even a killall qtlockscreen changes the time displayed..

Edit:
Nevermind, it was the TimeFormat that was wrong, changed HH:MM to hh:mm, now it works fine.

Last edited by kontirio; 2011-07-27 at 02:41. Reason: Update

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I don't know why, but the screen can't sharing the IM notification...
I tried and tried, but nothing... The only me or this a global problem ?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Hope some one can help... with the lock screen when it is locked and I view the screen in landscape the image is full screen and fine.. when I rotate the phone to portrait mode the lock screen image is chopped into two haves half why is this? I can not see anyware that I could make any changes to it!

Loz. Help.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Hope some one can help... with the lock screen when it is locked and I view the screen in landscape the image is full screen and fine.. when I rotate the phone to portrait mode the lock screen image is chopped into two haves half why is this? I can not see anyware that I could make any changes to it!

Loz. Help.
you need a separate desktop for portrait mode of 480x800 px ,

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
1. Sometimes, the media widget doesn't play anything. After a while, it sorta reverts back to the usual unknown artist and song and when you click on it it doesn't play anything. Not even when you get the song playing in the media player, it doesn't update to the latest song. As though it's broken. killall doesn't work. Only reboot solves this issue.

2. The media player doesn't update the songs when the screen dims. Not even when we press the power button to trigger the lockscreen. It is stuck at the last song played before the screen dimmed and it is stuck there. Only by clicking next/previous the song updates in the widget. I think at least the song should update upon clicking on the power button to trigger the lockscreen.

3. The occurence of the broken time/date in post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=287 where the picture is , it happens often. it automatically fixes itself when the time changes. The dates however, doesn't. I guess it changes the next day when it updates but that'll be too long a wait. killall doesn't help. only rebooting does.

4. I mean, now I've fixed it to portrait mode but that's because I feel that the background image looks VERY broken during rotation and it does hang there for a bout 1-2 seconds before showing the correct oriented background. It's kinda messed up during rotation unlike hildon-desktop which rotates everything nicely and no broken backgrounds. Could it get to work something like that?

Hope this helps.
Malaysian N900 user!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
agreed with the last point of Dark_Angel85 .
if it can be as smooth as portrait hildon desktop , it would be awesome.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
The media metadata updates fine for me with the latest version.
The IM notification is not working in the package available now. it works with the svn version and will be available in the next release (this is the reason it was not mentioned in the changelog).
The rotation slow is a known problem.

@eefo: no, there's no way to add a free text.

Last edited by sakya; 2011-07-27 at 09:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
you need a separate desktop for portrait mode of 480x800 px ,
eefo if Im getting you right what your saying is I need to create a picture with the dimentions 480x480? Well if so I just done this and sent it to the n900 and still the same as my last post. landscape is fine but portrait is chopped into two halves.!!.

Or are you telling me there is another place to put the picture in order for it to work fully.

Could you please explain yourself in more than a one liner as this might clear up a problem that really isnt.

Thanks again

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

@eefo: no, there's no way to add a free text.

lol but we have photoshop working :P