Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
lastly devlop a compatiblity layer for sailfish android whatever for the hype apps by community funding to the concerned.
That may not be possible due to apps on other platforms expecting more RAM to be available.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
can i add clones to stock apps. obviously we have qalendar, omp, calculator, worldclock and camera but no contacts, conversations, phone or gallery. There have been some projects for contacts and gallery related work but they seem to have stopped development.

once there open source, porting to qt5 or gtk3 should be easier.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Since the beginning, there has been dissatisfaction with there being no good method of syncing the N900 calendar with any other, even though there have been tortured workarounds - going through the cloud, etc.

It would be nice to see a calendar & contacts database that was more easily synced with apps in other OS's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ireland
Playlist management in QSpot.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@all: I created a public pad (in etherpad), so that everyone can add their thoughs directly. See the OP. If you had posted here since the last edit, please add it on the pad too.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
If anyone is working on modest...
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7139

It says fixed in 2.2009.51-1 but is definitely an issue for me in 21.2011.38-1 (+CSSU +Thumb).

Related bugs (possible duplicates):

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6880
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11925
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11993

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I have some very simple apps I'd like to develop, however I don't have any experience with Qt and all of the Scratchbox stuff is pretty confusing.
  • a task list/log for daily recurring tasks which logs e.g. that you did your study, language practice, piano/guitar practice, exercise, meditation, etc. The repeat intervals could be set to be daily or every X days. The user simply ticks each task off for the day and the app would then regenerate the list of tasks each day based on the repetition. The user could then look at the log to see their performance, maybe eventually have graphs or something. I think the logs can really motivate us to do self-improvement stuff that we want to do on a regular basis. I personally think it's all a bit messy to use the main calendar for this, and the logging wouldn't be easy.
  • a meditation timer (similar to the various countdown timers but with some more options.

Edit: I am aware of Taskpoach and MaeCalTasks and other alternative task lists for N900, but I am not aware of any that log recurring tasks and allow review of performance.

Last edited by Xagoln; 2014-03-11 at 05:53.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
These are the apps I've been dearly missing, in the order of preference:

1. A decent programmable calculator. There are a few in extras but frankly, the UI of most of them has a lot to be desired. The most usable is Galculator but that is a) only in the Diablo repos and b) not programmable.

2. An offline, vector based satnav app. The only one from that category was Sygic which has met an unfortunate end. Modrana is good and is even actively maintained but the tile maps for even a single country are nearly an insurmountable task to obtain. Something like a NavFree port from Android would be perfect (not sure if it is vector based since the maps are based on OSM but it has an option to download maps for specific countries straight from the app and they do not take much space).

3. A more configurable alarm clock. One that would play the whole alarm, not just the first 20 seconds. With an option to select to e.g. play the alarm 3 times, snooze for 2 minutes, repeat 4 times. With a possibility to set these options per alarm, not just globally.

4. A phone app that records the number, time and duration of the call. Ideally with an option to record the voice as well: although we have 3rd party apps for that, an integrated feature would be much preferable, with a button you could press during the call.

5. An application for very basic video editing. Nothing fancy, I would be happy if it had just two operations: cut and join. Oh the number of times I wished I could cut out a smaller clip from a longer video just made with the camera, or stitch two shorter clips together.

6. Same as above, but for sound. Something like "Sound Recorder" in Windows 95. Having a few other options such as increase/decrease the speed (for both #5 and #6) would be welcome extras but not essential.

7. A simple photo panorama app.

8. An inline (NB: not online) spell checker. Something that would highlight spelling mistkaes while typing e.g. this missive.

9. A more powerful expense manager. I use Expense Log but that is far too basic. Something that could do at least a monthly summary would be nice.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-03-11 at 08:20. Reason: Spelling, added #9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Ah, sorry yes. I meant handy for text messages, but that's not part of modest. Nevermind.
+1 for deleting multiple messages in a conversation. its much needed function which conversation application lacks.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
1. A faster browser capable of modern software.

2. Productivity/creativity apps, a simple video editor, photo editor, painter(speed of default, power of mypaint), animation(pencil, aseprite), music(Sunvox).

3. LibreOffice or other office software

Last edited by Soulaxe; 2014-03-11 at 08:14.