Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Hi,

One of the greatest complaints that I always had with the N900 is the "Phone" application. I have always felt that it could have been a LOT better.

Now that there is a Community SSU project that is going on, I would like to request someone for a small useful (atleast for me) feature.
I would like to see the Contact number also along with the contact name when a call comes. Currently only the contact name appears. And if the contact is not available in the phone, the number then appears. So, currently always it is either one of these. But my request is to display both of them (if they exist) together.

I am assuming it could be a simple thing to do but I could be totally wrong. Does someone know what needs to be done? Any inputs?

Another request with respect to the phone feature is to block a number from the "Phone" app menu itself. I know there is a "pycallblocker" app just for doing that. But if it can be integrated into the "Phone" application, then that would be great and also more used.

Thanks in advance,

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
if i would know how to do it i had helped you.there are many dev who can easily help you but unfortunately they will not unless too many people ask for it or when they have time for it or when they are in good mood.. in other words they would hardly help you ..

well i have posted in ur thread at least it would send ur thread on the top again
( i wish i would be a become a developer)

Isnt the phone app closed source????

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
Something similar to your request is to use the Recaller app.

When you get a phone call, a small notification appears over the entire UI showing you the number calling for a couple of seconds.

Although that is not the main feature of the application, it might solve things temporarily for you.

Cheers

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Isnt the phone app closed source????
Yes, the Nokia phone app is closed source, so the community cannot fix little bugs or implement features like the requested. At least, not without rewriting the entire phone app, which would be a big job.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post: