Closed Thread
There's a lot of genuine frustration in the thread, but let's try not to put our frustrations with Nokia onto qgil. He's always been enthusiastic about maemo.org and I really think he has our best interests as a community at heart. We're in a tough situation but also things are tough for a lot of Nokians too - I suspect qgil feels stuck between a rock and a hard place sometimes and I'm sure he'd love to be clearer and concise with every question he's asked, but we can rely on him (and Kate) to do their best at the Nokia side. Honestly, if we didn't have one already, we'd all be crying out for a qgil right now so let's try to give him some slack

We've known for a while now that we'd need to think about where the community goes next. A large part of the last election, imo, was to elect a councii who would make preparation to take us forward into the new frontier. So I guess this is how they'll earn their stripes. Things are really muddled now due to the big announcements from Nokia at the end of last week, so nobody will have all the answers today. But as the situation gets clearer I expect the council will keep us in the loop with what is going on.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-06-17 at 19:16.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I always knew he was stuck in the middle of a very awkward situation and as you have said right now there is a lot of mixed feelings on here but overall i actually admire a lot of the work he has done.

I personally hope that one day he will be able to be "himself" and tell it the way it actually is, when someone has a go it is purely out of frustration nothing else, am sure you of all people know what i am talking about Kojacker.

Now for sure this is about the community not Nokia.

PS i am so happy to see woody on council that might suprise you considering some of the heated debates we have had.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2012-06-17 at 19:31.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
With respect to you as a member you obviously don't know enough of the reasoning behind my comments as you have not been on here long enough to know but i responded to his attack against Dan on the talk Nokia stock thread and for your information if you read enough you will find out many people do not understand even after reading his posts several times they can be somewhat baffling, that's Qgil for you but he has a position and holds it well regardless of any talk against him OK.
I am not taking any opinion on past statements. My comment was only about the recent ones about maemo.org's future, which I interpreted you were talking about also. And IMO they were very clear comments.

I am a relatively new member, but as long as I've been here, I've found Qgil's comments straight-forward and to the point.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-06-17 at 19:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I am not taking any opinion on past statements. My comment was only about the recent ones about maemo.org's future, which I interpreted you were talking about also. And IMO they were very clear comments.

I am a relatively new member, but as long as I've been here, I've found Qgil's comments straight-forward and to the point.
Sorry i don't understand what your trying to say regarding my comments on Maemo.org's future?.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Sorry i don't understand what your trying to say regarding my comments on Maemo.org's future?.
I was trying to say, that your comments about Qgil are unfair. He stated very straight-forward what he knows about maemo.org's future.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I've been respectful and I've been following the forum's rules ever since I joined... So excuse me for breaking a rule here.. But I gotta say this.

And I am willing to donate money to whoever wants to take over.. Heck, I can also provide hosting if needed to.

Last edited by Reggie; 2012-06-17 at 20:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
she is trolling you, hoping to start a fight as of old & poisoning this thread.
watch out, please.

EDIT: he => she

Last edited by misterc; 2012-06-17 at 20:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
guys, i am sure many of tmo community are part of maemo-freak / symbian-freak community and i believe that smartphone-freak can help up...though
so, nokia is closing all relations to opensource and this was last one...

It is good to see some of the old members on this thread and it proves we do stick together !.

I even see stskeeps on the viewers and i am happy to see him still coming on Maemo.org, would be nice for Carsten to say a few words.

I have a sickly feeling in my guts tonight and i think i am not on my own so lets hope all the old members come on here and say something for the community as it is still without doubt the best community on the net and probably always will be, my best regards to Reggie as i think he is ready to pass this on.

Long live Maemo.org !!!!.

Hey Geneven thanks and i mean that ok !.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2012-06-17 at 20:49.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

Good job Nokia for shooting yourself in your foot. Again.
Dude shooting in the foot is an understatement, Nokia is shooting themselves in the face repatedly all those who say you can't shoot yourself more than twice in the head should really look at Nokia as a case study.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
citation needed