I'm going to do some more testing tomorrow! Unfortunately I cannot test my Xperia X because the camera no longer works, but I can test a Nexus 5 and my original Jolla 1.
IR affecting the focus was my guess. Although the view in the camera doesn't seem to do the focusing back and forth that it does when trying to focus in the dark.
I know that dedicated cameras are not affected; I can take pictures of it fine with a GoPro, a GoPro knockoff, and a Casio Exilim.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
So I did a bit more testing today. The other cameras are fine taking photos. I discovered that if I block the second lens on the Pro1, it seems to work.

Also, after rebooting it seems to work without doing that most of the time. Strange.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
New problem that came up today: my phone has stopped resolving DNS. I can't find anywhere in the wifi settings to configure it and am not familiar enough with SFOS to do it from command line (editing /etc/resolv.conf doesn't seem to do anything).

If I try to ping a domain, it seems to find an ipv6 address but fail to connect to it:
Code:
# ping google.com
PING google.com (2607:f8b0:4006:808::200e): 56 data bytes
^C
--- google.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
Same result for ping6. I can ping ipv4 addresses directly though:

Code:
# ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=117 time=17.478 ms
I cannot ping6 any ipv6 addresses.

This behavior is the same both on wifi and on cellular network.

My experience ever since: networking is extremely unreliable on the Pro1. Sometimes nothing loads, sometimes things do load but very slowly, sometimes everything works fine. I cannot ping any website but I can usually curl them. I cannot listen to podcasts anymore via podqast, as the downloads never complete. I also cannot use online routing in any mapping app. However I can usually load webpages in the browser and load posts in quickddit.
I've tested on my home network, on public wifi hotspots and on 4G. Same thing. The device is basically unusable.

Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
That will sound like a noob question, but that is the first sailfish device I have that is a community port, so...

The pro1 doesn't show me the update for the OS (3.3.0.16 currently). My original Jolla updated to 3.4.0.24.
I particularly like the update to the default web browser, that allows some sites that were broken to work again (an FM radio web player in my case), and crashes a lot less.

Is it already available through zypper/ssu/version --dup, or is something needed from the porter to make it available ?

If available, did someone try it and can report if there are some issues with the Pro1 that would justify waiting a bit before updating ?

Thanks !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
My experience ever since: networking is extremely unreliable on the Pro1. Sometimes nothing loads, sometimes things do load but very slowly, sometimes everything works fine. I cannot ping any website but I can usually curl them. I cannot listen to podcasts anymore via podqast, as the downloads never complete. I also cannot use online routing in any mapping app. However I can usually load webpages in the browser and load posts in quickddit.
I've tested on my home network, on public wifi hotspots and on 4G. Same thing. The device is basically unusable.
If networking "in general" seems to work but things are behaving erratically or slowly it usually indicates some problems in DNS resolving.
Have you tried to set up a different name service to see if it makes any difference?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Is it already available through zypper/ssu/version --dup, or is something needed from the porter to make it available ?
In a bored moment, I tried to upgrade using the sfos-upgrade script, and it broke in an interesting way. About 30 seconds after boot, the screen blanks and stays that way. I haven't investigated further, but I'd suggest you don't try it unless it's confirmed working.

Maybe look up the telegram group if you want the latest info?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
About 30 seconds after boot, the screen blanks and stays that way.
You mean like
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/the-s...-thats-it/2282

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
You mean like
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/the-s...-thats-it/2282
Sounds very like it. I don't have phonehook installed though. Patchmanager and Battery Overlay might be candidates though.

Maybe in a few months I will raise the enthusiasm to try and fix it, but I doubt it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Asked on Telegram wether it is safe to upgrade Pro¹.
It is not!
Afaiu something in obs is broken and furthermore the lvm encryption will make a reflash necessary.

Management Summary: Wait for porters command.
(Or know what you are doing and sport 3.4 like all the porters do already :P)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os