Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Just want to add some side notes: earlier freemangordon updated qyoutube and other stuff; the last fix I found was this.
So maybe there were changes again on youtube's side TLS or something like that but I do not know how to fix it or analyze it... It is just a hint...

Maemish; on Kali image I was never ever concerned about ipv4 and ipv6... Youtube-dl just downloads the video and then you can watch it...
For me it is not a user-friendly option because it is OK when you know what you want to watch exactly... If you just want to surf between videos and watch 1-2 minutes and then click something else then this method just sucks...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Seems youtube has changed hash(or decrypt or whatever) function again. I will try to find time to see if I can fix that as it stopped working for me as well.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Proudly I showed to my wife the solution I found to download youtube videos. After she had read the instructions she looked at me and said: "You know, some of us have an iPhone and just watch the videos". I sure hope freemangordon finds a solution to make things work - if he has time.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-08-27 at 05:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Edited my instructions to include youtube-dl -F 'your url' to be able to choose from different formats available for the video. Having some trouble on some videos to get the audio. Gonna add it when I found out a working solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Added to instructions that webm format video option had sound with it but the video has now stops. Maybe a frame rate issue - 30fps?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Ah, but what I did after it turned out to be too tedious to get Spotify working is I made my own radio.

Tried listening to the local Finnish FM radios for a while but they are not that intresting in musical way and have 10%...30% commercials

So I installed icecast2 to a server, dumped my collection of ~78GB of music there and run ices on it with random play from the list.

There's a whole radio of my kind of music playing out 24h/day with always something I like when I turn it on
I don't have any music collection actually I'd say that anyone having 78GB of music on hard drive must have used P2P or other illegal services to achieve this point But that's an enormous amount of songs, bands and music styles. Having it playing like "shuffle all songs", how often you hear a song you like, or even know the orchestra?

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I don't have any music collection actually I'd say that anyone having 78GB of music on hard drive must have used P2P or other illegal services to achieve this point But that's an enormous amount of songs, bands and music styles. Having it playing like "shuffle all songs", how often you hear a song you like, or even know the orchestra?
Actually thre's no pirated content.

I just have a pretty large CD collection which I started ripping to mp3's back when I had N9 which had fairly large MyDocs partition
Ah yes and I have also ripped CD's I have borrowed from the library (for those who don't know, Finland's public libraries have also music & videos for loan in addition to traditional books...)

I also have even more LP's of the traditional kind, which I have also been ripping the ones I don't have on CD. (and some of the stuff is such that does not exist on Spotify/Tidal/whatever... )

The continuous playaround-time of the collection is well over a month, and the randomness practically ensures I never know what's coming up when I start up a player! And indeed there's music I don't recognize instantly, at least not the piece if I can place the performer
In addition to my own selection there's also some spicing of my wife's and my son's favorites which means it is even harder... but that's what one expects from a radio.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Libraries here in Finland pay more to have a shareable product. And atleast in Finland you are aloud to copy the content for yourself and to a small amount of people (atleast in some point it was like this and the amount of people was not clarified).

And on N900 I have mSoma and on linux Streamtuner. No need for any other music sources.

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Proudly I showed to my wife the solution I found to download youtube videos. After she had read the instructions she looked at me and said: "You know, some of us have an iPhone and just watch the videos". I sure hope freemangordon finds a solution to make things work - if he has time.
the innovative way you have solved an issue that has been a challenge for most to get any headway in...and only a few managed to find solutions for ...until youtube changes their methods and make things difficult yet again.

What you did is no small feat.

And yes your wife is correct
...some have an iphone or android and just watch videos ...
And those are the same sheeple who just allow their lives to be monitored and allow surveillance of all they do...
The same sheeple who have given up their privacy and their freedoms ...for convenience and not having to think about things ...but just use and utilize them.
The same sheeple who will use whatever narrow options they are given and pay whatever they are told because they have no choice Because they do not wish to take the time to learn how to do things themselves.

Problem solving for the n900, and figuring out how to troubleshoot and record exactly the steps taken to failures and successes so they can be replicated by following the transcribed methods ...
Is not just a n900 or Maemo or smartphone or OS or tech ability or talent ...
It is applicable to literally all other aspects of life .
And is an absolute essential tool in one's toolbox.

Frankly I am of the belief that a person should know enough basics to make their own choices and fix their own things...
Regardless of whether it is a smartphone, a laptop, basic vehicle maintenance / repair, home repair, and farming.
The more one can do, the more self sufficient one is, the easier life becomes and the less chained one feels to no options

Your wife's response is just overflowing with praise at your success in solving a problem that has stumped many.

You should be so proud to have such a wife.
(now THAT Maemish ..is sarcasm)

I am piping up now ...because I have heard enough from all of what you said previously ...
And know full well exactly what you are living with.
For what it is worth I had a couple very long term relationships with ladies who were cut from the exact same cloth...
And believe me when I say...
though you can love them...and they in their way love you...
The twisted toxicity that you are immersed in daily is so unhealthy as to make even folks close by ...have health problems and reactions I am sure.

The best thing that ever happened to me was getting the hell away from such people..

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: