Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have managed to use (sort of) Telegram Web app with Opera 12 testing browser. Other specs of the phone: CSSU with power kernel and overclocked to 900 without any extra swap magic.

In the end I will give hints how if someone wan'ts to try. Today I couldn't send a message with it (before I have been able) so not absolutely sure if it was with Fennec browser or Opera.

Why I write this here is that Telegram web is unbearably slow to use but I believe it could be fixed. It is open source stuff and can be found from github under /zhukov/webogram and anyone (who knows, I don't) can contribute. I would just hope someone knowing about webapps could check it if there's something to do about it to make it work with N900.

The app loads as a default long time history to conversations which takes ages. If you could choose before opening conversation how long history it loads this would help a lot. And if there would be some other settings to choose for low specs and slow connection computers before you really enter to the app I believe nobody would dislike it.

But to try:

1. You may empty Operas memory and stuff but not sure if it is necessary. No other apps open at the same time. Set Opera to remember password and not to download pictures.

2. Go to telegram web login page.

3. Write your countrys code and phone number and click next (don't start to choose country from the list or write it, the page figures it by your number)

3. Generating keys takes about 10 minutes, maybe more. Be patient but remember to check it once and a while. After it finishes you have 2 minutes time to put the code they send you with sms. After giving the code click next.

4. When you get in let it be minute or two just to make sure there is nothing more to load. If you have many contacts it can take long, long time I think. I have only few myself so can't test.

5. Save the page in your shortcuts.

6. Click on a conversation and it starts to load. Don't try to do anything before it has loaded it. Can take very long time. The scrollbar on the right works but it's a bit tricky. I clicked the arrows instead of dragging it. You can also change your Opera settings to get pictures downloaded.

7. You can close the telegram page in Opera and get back in through shortcuts but only if you haven't closed Opera itself. If you close Opera it won't remember the key or your phone number and you have to start everything from the beginning.

Last edited by Maemish; 2018-11-29 at 06:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: