Active Topics

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by #patout View Post
Download not working for me on the OVI Store.
"There was a problem downloading this item. Try again".
Yep, that's what I'm hearing from other people too. I've contacted the developer support team about it, however all I've had back so far is an e-mail saying that the issue has been passed on to the relevant team.

For you and anyone else who's already bought it, if you send your e-mail address to mike@mikeasoft.com I'll send you a copy of the .deb myself while we wait for the store problems to be fixed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Thanks, email send.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #patout For This Useful Post:
I've started adding support for the HTTPebble protocol, which allows watch faces and apps to communicate with HTTP servers via the phone's network connection and also provides them with location information. For example this provides support for watch faces that display local weather information, like Fair Forecast.

Here's a quick photo of it in action:

I'll be testing this over the next few days, and if I don't hit any major new issues I'll make a new release in the Ovi Store. Hopefully that'll also fix the download issues if Nokia haven't managed to sort it by then.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Downloads for version 1.0 should now be working correctly. If you got hold of a deb from me in the past you'll probably want to uninstall it and then reinstall from the store to ensure you get updates.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Well, just got my Pebble this afternoon. Looks like I've got a chance to play and offer some decent feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Some feedback... just the initial stuff, its not been 24hrs.

Took me a minute to get things connected. Bah humbug for the Pebble not having NFC for easy connectivity - I'm spoilt by my Nokia Luna headset. Pairing was easy. Though visually, would be neat if there was something extra on the screen to indicate that it was connected. Maybe the large Rocke****ch gadget either being colored green/blue or some kind of lock icon in that negative space in the middle.

Had to first update, and that seemed to go well. There was something on my Pebble's screen, but nothing on the Rocke****ch's app which let me know that the update was happening. I'd again do something here like having a colored download button in the middle (blue for in progress, green for done, red for interrupted). I did have a message popup, that's not something I'd expect (its just not something I've seen much on the N9; maybe using the notifications system to show success/fail on the lockscreen or pop a message up in the notifications section on the event/activity screen).

I've yet to download anything. Hoping those show in some kind of log (it looks like it does). I'm actually not happy with anything I've seen in the mypebblefaces area... the N9's polish has spoilt me.

I've done something (neat to me). I use Situations to automate a number of things on my N9. I've ammended my night-time routine to actually close Rocke****ch and shut off BT, then when it wakes up, BT pops on, then 1/2 sec later Rocke****ch starts, hopefully connecting the 2 together (connection is set to automatic). Am sure that folks are using Profilematic to do a bit more, but its something simple and cool to me.

Overall, not bad. Let's see what happens and what I can think of after I wake up

Questions/Feature Requests
- are devs of apps like MeeRun, SportsTracker on board with doing integration from Pebble to N9?
- I don't see anyone having done a BT proximity unlocker app w/Pebble - does Rocke****ch support doing something like this

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Just ordered my Pebble and downloaded your app (on the 8th try, grrrr Ovi store). Will do some testing when it arrives. Thanks for writing the app, it's great that we don't have to use iOS/droid to use a gadget like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kombipom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Some feedback... just the initial stuff, its not been 24hrs.

Took me a minute to get things connected. Bah humbug for the Pebble not having NFC for easy connectivity - I'm spoilt by my Nokia Luna headset. Pairing was easy. Though visually, would be neat if there was something extra on the screen to indicate that it was connected.
At the moment the watch is slightly transparent (making it a grey colour against the black background) when not connected, perhaps that isn't obvious enough though; and thinking about it I'm not certain if it returns to that state when the connection is lost after the first connection.

Had to first update, and that seemed to go well. There was something on my Pebble's screen, but nothing on the Rocke****ch's app which let me know that the update was happening.
It should show the busy spinner in the middle of the watch while updating firmware (like it does for most other operations), I'll check that's actually the case.

I've done something (neat to me). I use Situations to automate a number of things on my N9. I've ammended my night-time routine to actually close Rocke****ch and shut off BT, then when it wakes up, BT pops on, then 1/2 sec later Rocke****ch starts, hopefully connecting the 2 together (connection is set to automatic). Am sure that folks are using Profilematic to do a bit more, but its something simple and cool to me.
That's a good idea for helping with power saving, I'm sure other people will appreciate the tip .

- are devs of apps like MeeRun, SportsTracker on board with doing integration from Pebble to N9?
I don't know if any other developers have made plans to do anything with Rockwatch yet, but from my side I've been making sure that Rockwatch exposes all of its functionality via DBUS so other applications can easily make use of it if they want to. I haven't yet got the full two-way SDK working, but it should be ready in version 1.2 (version 1.1 is already waiting in the Ovi Store QA queue).

Specifically for running/sports tracking type apps you might want to give the AeroTracker watch app a go when version 1.1 becomes available. Version 1.1 provides GPS information to the Pebble, so if you run AeroTracker alongside MeeRun/Sports Tracker/eSports/Nokia Maps/etc it'll be able to give you time, speed and distance information. You will need to be running a GPS app on the phone to keep the position accurate, as I didn't want to waste people's batteries by constantly checking the GPS location unnecessarily within Rockwatch (this is the same behaviour as HTTPebble on Android).

- I don't see anyone having done a BT proximity unlocker app w/Pebble - does Rocke****ch support doing something like this
I suspect it'd be better to do something like this as a separate app, since all you'd basically be doing is scanning for a certain bluetooth device being in range; it wouldn't need to be Pebble specific, any bluetooth gadget could be used.

Thanks for all the feedback

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Also just ordered Pebble. As soon as it arrives i am off to buy this app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Putting this here, only because I've navigated from the page and lost what I wrote before.

Using RW's SDK, I can see the possible apps/integrations going forward:
- Notekeeper sending Evernote reminders Pebble
- Gesture to silence/ignore calls (I have Easy Answer, thinking of a similar kind of app)
- apps like MeeRun, SportsTracker working w/AeroTracker
- notifications for other social networking services (I know, I know)

Am going to come back to this to add others.. but I'm impressed enough with RW to make these kinds of suggestions. Hope this helps any devs looking forward.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch