Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post

- MAKE CRY IPHONE OWNERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!
I will definately do this

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Install an OpenVPN client and never, ever, pay for a phone call again.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Install an OpenVPN client and never, ever, pay for a phone call again.
If you can get free wifi all over the place I can't so 3G is still payable

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by berny View Post
It will probably be way too slow, but maybe IEs4Linux could be run on the N900.
Not easily. IEs4Linux is simply a quick and easy way of setting up Wine to run Internet Explorer. Wine then translates Internet Explorer's Windows x86 calls into Linux x86 calls. That's really quite cool, but doesn't help much on non-x86 Maemo devices.

For the N900, you'll need to insert an x86 emulation layer, and at that point, you might fight fewer battles by simply putting Windows on top rather than Wine in a virtual x86 Linux system. Either way, it probably will be "way too slow", but that's not to say you won't earn some geek points for pulling it together.

Windows 95 and Windows 3.1 have been run in emulators on the (much slower than the N900) N8x0 Internet Tablets, but there's still time for you to be the first to boot XP on a Maemo device. There's likely an Engadget mention in that one.

IRC (probably ssh to the box running irssi+screen).
All the usual mail/web/calender stuff.
Some EBook reading, some games, some im and voip calling.

And hopefully, if the battery is good enough (or if I can find one which is) as GPS for walking and cycling trips.

And, if I find the time to do so, some experimenting with mobile IPv6, but changes are I won't find that time

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I'll use my N900 to follow news of the N1000.

Oh, and alarm clock, RSS feeds, email, web browsing, creating/editing documents, presenting workshops (with projector & perhaps a BT remote), listening to music, and trying to port a few pieces of audio software. Basically moving everything from my laptop to the new device, except my audio production software. That'll have to wait for Maemo 6+...

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
Treat it with more love and affection then the wife and kids .

The Following User Says Thank You to allmine1976 For This Useful Post:
I will spit on it ..........

then lovingly clean the screen of all the finger prints that it will have accumulated by it being over stroked.

Mike C

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Hi.

I didn't find any post regarding this so... here it is.

My question is very simple. In what ways will you put to use your N900 (when you get it)? Of course, other than just phone and text message...
Here is an example:
My wife doesn't like it very much when I am at home and I'm at my pc "playing" (ordering my downloads, programming, etc...) and we have visitors. So, I'll use it to do all that in a kind of secret way.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I will dance with it.