Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Why didn't this work in my girlfriend's car? It works fine in my 95 civic but not in her 08 accord. Oh it also works on the radio my dad used as an alarm when he was in high high school, over 40 years old.
Does this only work with older fm devices?
dude how come you drive a car 13 years older than your firlfriend's one ?? lol just kidding .

anyay i'm having the m4rina theme problem, it was stayted here before, any fix ?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Why didn't this work in my girlfriend's car? It works fine in my 95 civic but not in her 08 accord. Oh it also works on the radio my dad used as an alarm when he was in high high school, over 40 years old.
dude how come you drive a car 13 years older than your firlfriend's one ?? lol just kidding, it works better in my 87 accord than my dad's 04 e-class Merc
anyay i'm having the m4rina theme problem, it was stayted here before, any fix ?

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Sorry, but I can't help you there. I don't know how to debug this. ;-)

It works perfectly in my 6 year old car and I doubt it has something to to with the age of the car. The FM signal transmitted by the phone is the same as the FM signal transmitted by any radio station.

Can you receive 'normal' radio stations in the car? Maybe her antenna is broken?

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
I am not aware of a problem with m4rina theme. Can you point me to the posting?

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
I am not aware of a problem with m4rina theme. Can you point me to the posting?
dude the bleutooth icon chanes its position to the midle of the widget behind the frequencie, in simple words its messing up the widget, you can try the m4rina theme and see for your self, anyway i'm using the pleego theme now .

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
dude the bleutooth icon chanes its position to the midle of the widget behind the frequencie
Ah, you mean this problem

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=37

with this solution

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=38

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Probably the antenna is in bad place. Radio transmitters should be outside the car, not inside.

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
let me know if you need help in testing...
If anyone is still interested in CarKit integration there is a test version of FriendlyFM 0.2.3 to try out.

I made a quick test and it seemed to work but I am still not sure how useful this is. As I understand it you can hear the voice of the caller through the speakers but still have to hold the device near your mouth in order to be heard through the microphone. According to some other thread a headset microphone is not supported.

To be clear: This is the functionality of FM CarKit integrated into FriendlyFM so I will only accept bugs if the behavior is different in both applications.

The functionality can be turned on and off in the settings. Independent of the settings the functionality will only be available as long as the transmitter is active. Which has the advantage that you don't have to turn it off when leaving the car. But on the other hand, if you don't turn on the transmitter when entering the car CarKit is also off.

That's the best solution for switching CarKit on and off I could think off but I am open for suggestions.

Update: Please run

Code:
chmod +x /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/friendlyfm
after the installation to avoid crashing hildon-desktop when adding the applet.

Last edited by percy; 2011-06-30 at 21:15. Reason: Avoid crash of hildon-desktop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Originally Posted by percy View Post
If anyone is still interested in CarKit integration there is a test version of FriendlyFM 0.2.3 to try out.

I made a quick test and it seemed to work but I am still not sure how useful this is. As I understand it you can hear the voice of the caller through the speakers but still have to hold the device near your mouth in order to be heard through the microphone. According to some other thread a headset microphone is not supported.

To be clear: This is the functionality of FM CarKit integrated into FriendlyFM so I will only accept bugs if the behavior is different in both applications.

The functionality can be turned on and off in the settings. Independent of the settings the functionality will only be available as long as the transmitter is active. Which has the advantage that you don't have to turn it off when leaving the car. But on the other hand, if you don't turn on the transmitter when entering the car CarKit is also off.

That's the best solution for switching CarKit on and off I could think off but I am open for suggestions.
thanks percy... atlast the fm like i wanted ... would test this out and let you know if there is any issue.

percy... you rock man..

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
after installing, i am not able to add the widget. restarts my hildon-home removing all my custom widgets.

Tags
friendly fm