Originally Posted by Setok View Post
One thing I just noticed was that when someone rings, in addition to their name it will show their last social media status (as in the Contacts app). Not sure if that was there before, but certainly didn't notice it.
Any confirmations yet on whether this was in PR1.2? I really like the feature as you can immediately have something to talk about with the person

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^^yes this feature was not present in pr1.2...its now in pr1.3

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
^^yes this feature was not present in pr1.2...its now in pr1.3
You know this because you actually compared two N9's? [1x PR1.2 & 1x PR1.3]* TY.

*ideally clean flashed

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-10 at 09:46. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
A profile changing bug using volume keys has been fixed. In previous firmwares the ringing profile that was changed using volume keys seemed to be independent and didn't notice if 3rd party applications changed it.

So for example, a common scenario for me was that I had used volume keys to put phone to silent from ringing, and then RingingRestorer returned it to ringing after 15 minutes. Now next time I tried to use volume keys to put it again to silent, it wouldn't work because it thought it's in silent mode still. Now in PR1.3 it works correctly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You know this because you actually compared two N9's? [1x PR1.2 & 1x PR1.3]* TY.

*ideally clean flashed

I compared my clean flashed n9 running pr1.3 with Arie's clean flashed n9 running pr1.2... good?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I compared my clean flashed n9 running pr1.3 with Arie's clean flashed n9 running pr1.2... good?
More than good, perfect!

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
I'm not sure if reported yet... but i noticed this behaviour on 2 N9's(PR1.2). If you have bookmark in home screen and open it---> then press cancel and open another web page--> goes back to home screen. It's fixed in PR1.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
Well this is not one hallelujah discovery but yesterday I noticed a different error message when trying to connect to my local WiFi network. Instead of just network error it also reported that it was unable to get a DHCP address from the server. I'm almost certain I have never seen the DHCP message before.

This is not an error caused by the phone. It is just in the limit of my routers range so signal is pretty weak at that spot in my house.
Hi,
Actually this was already in PR1.2.
In France, the hotspots of my Internet provider were a little bugged few weeks ago, and I've already seen this message several times.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sthocs For This Useful Post:
The Nokia Conversations Blog has now posted an (apparently official) comment on PR1.3:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...-update-pr1-3/

Quoting from the article:

The main improvements include:
  • Mail for Exchange (MfE) now supports client certificates.
  • Localisation improvements and support for new error codes with the Facebook app.
  • Twitter API changes that reflect the back end infrastructure of Twitter.

As well as these main updates, there are also some general updates.
  • AccuWeather widget weather update fixed.
  • VoIP calls now work via Skype/Gtalk when in flight mode and connected to WLAN.
  • Changing the “week starts on” date within the calendar error now fixed.

There are also a lot of small improvements on network and connectivity performance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Wifi signal definitely improved, wider reach

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post: