Notices

Blobby Volley 2 is now available from maemo Extras repository and maemo.org Downloads. Here's description from their web page

Blobby Volley is one of the most popular freeware games. This is caused first by the simple play principle and second by the funny design of the player. The short duration of a game is a reason for playing this game in meantime.

Since the first release in November 2000 the developers worked hard: New features, supporting different languages and much more was implemented until version 1.8 by the developers Daniel Skoraszewsky and Silvio Mummert. This should be the last version at the moment ...
You can play
- against computer
- against friend on another tablet or pc
- against friend on the same tablet (ok haven't really tested but with N810 might be possible)

Lower part of the screen is actually cut off but it doesn't matter because it really isn't used. Menus are rearranged to fit the screen.

Known bug is that it uses 100% CPU in menus (makes my desktop pc crawl too )
Attached Images

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I just downloaded this game before I read this post. It's a fun game. Looks good and has smooth and quick animations. After reading this post I want to find someone else with a tablet so I can battle it out with them.

real quick and easy game

Fun game, though I had to turn the sound off, it was too crackly.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
yeah, sound is cracky, turn it off...
another tip: set game speed to 80%....
nice port btw.
THANKS

I don't have problems with sound. Do you have N800 or N810? chinook or diablo? custom kernel? any extra status bar or desktop plugins?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
N810 with latest chinook (not diablo) no extra plugins or kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I have tested only with N800 diablo. This problem could be somehow related to chinook

can touchscreen controls be implemented rather than keypad control? i'm afraid i'll soon break my keypad playing this game over and over

It has mouse support so in theory it could work. I check if there is something I can do about it after the next game Barrage

edit:
touchscreen actually works, if you select mouse from options->input. However blob is jumping all the time because button 1 is the jump button. should I disable jumping when using touchscreen and map some hw key to it? which button?

Last edited by mikkov; 2008-07-24 at 13:44.