has anyone had any success in watching the matches on espn on their N900? I just can't seem to get anything there; my friends are watching it on their HTC Android handsets. Anybody watching the football matches on their N900 and where to browse for it?

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Forum search ffs?

When I click to open links I get:

"Unable to play media. Video codec not supported"

"Unable to play media. Media format not supported"

Any solution??

Thanks!

Try the links labeled Media Player or Other.

Originally Posted by acou View Post
Forum search ffs?
I just did... 500 results, none of which has anything to do with WC2010.

If you can't offer any help, PLEASE do NOT automatically reply with "search the forum" answer.

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

I am noticing more and more on this forum that the general attitude among the longtime members have become very snottish. Instead of replying with helpful hints, like in the years past, you are getting answers like "search the forum." And when you DO search the forum, you are not getting any relevant hits. So, before you tell someone to "search the forum," would you search the forum first and if you find the relevant thread(s), please either forward the threads to the asking party or alert them that there are relevant threads if they just search for it?

Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
I am noticing more and more on this forum that the general attitude among the longtime members have become very snottish. Instead of replying with helpful hints, like in the years past, you are getting answers like "search the forum." And when you DO search the forum, you are not getting any relevant hits. So, before you tell someone to "search the forum," would you search the forum first and if you find the relevant thread(s), please either forward the threads to the asking party or alert them that there are relevant threads if they just search for it?
I think for the longtime members reading the same forum questions everyday may be a little boring, however on the other hand the only way us new members learn is by asking.

Originally Posted by Nismo75 View Post
I think for the longtime members reading the same forum questions everyday may be a little boring, however on the other hand the only way us new members learn is by asking.
Thanks for your observation. I agree that some of the members here find the questions a little boring; if that's the case, then please refrain from answering with inept replies. I have been a member here for a few years now and I think it's an incredible source of information for all things Nokia N800/810/900 tablets. However, I am a little disappointed in some of the members here.

I found the answer, not by searching the forum but by browsing the forum randomly. You just have to forget about ESPN's live streaming. Even though it's a flash-driven shite, N900 can't stream it, probably because its flash is at version 9.x and they're expecting 10.x flash client. As I said in my original post, my friends with Android phones are enjoying watching World Cup matches on their phone. I just wanted to find out from the informed people here if you can watch it live streamed from Internet.

TITCR:

start kmplayer, choose worldtv99, choose sport, choose from dozens of channels.

Enjoy!