Originally Posted by xman View Post
Is this for android or sailfish?
Unfortunately we need to be specific since android related info has been mixed into this thread.

This is the general TMO thread for the F(x)tec Pro1, which is sold with only Android preinstalled!
See also the SailfishOS specific Pro1 thread.

Last edited by olf; 2020-02-18 at 22:26.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Although this is true, if you look back in the thread you will see I'm not the only one to find it not always clear.

But perhaps you are correct, this is the "maemo.org > Talk > Devices > Competitors > anything goes area"

But now that I think about the fx is sold with the words "Configure your device with the os you want" .. which includes sailfish ... so I would say it's a draw ..

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
Originally Posted by xelo View Post
Regarding the "shutter button Issue": After a factory reset, the two stage button works on my phone, and focusing works now.
This was for Android with the Snapdragon application. I assumed it was clear, I'm sorry that it was not.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
xelo, thank you! And no sorry needed, just hope to keep it clear for reading later/archive searches.

Cheers

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Wow, fx pro1 hitting the big leagues!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uI-XdP8B8

Unfortunately probably not the guy who is gonna love this device. Also needs to make it entertaining.

x

Last edited by xman; 2020-02-20 at 05:06.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Wow, fx pro1 hitting the big leagues!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uI-XdP8B8

Unfortunately probably not the guy who is gonna love this device. Also needs to make it entertaining.

x
All those current critics are from some of a Z generation who doesn't know technological history more than two years back ...

I would leave all of these reviews to their own worth ... Maybe some hipsters will get something from those as long as the icons and emojis are _cool_!

my 5 c...
--

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
Another mail update today :

Hello,

We have now been informed that our factory has reopened following the last few weeks of disruption and uncertainty. As per our previous email, workers choice to return to the work is at their own discretion, and as it stands there aren’t enough people for us to begin production again. Rightly so, many people are still concerned about the coronavirus and are being overly cautious with regards to travelling and going back to work. We are also waiting for confirmation on a components delivery from our suppliers, which is similarly dependant on workers returning to work.

Therefore despite the factory being open, production is pending until further notice. We are aware that this might not be the news you were hoping for, but i'm sure you will agree that this is still progress and we hope to be able to continue manufacturing and shipping all remaining customer orders from next week.

Thank you once again for your continued support and patience.

If you have any questions about the matter, please get in touch with info@fxtec.com

Sincerely,

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to n-mi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Then try LOS first.
If you "try" the SFOS port, there is no reason to look further
So, did as you suggested - LineageOS first

Well at first tried the stock. As for me it is mainly a device with physical keyboard, then paid most attention to keyboard use. Unfortunately the qwertz version is not still fully supported. I mean these yellow arrow&characters. Did not find a way to type an õ character. Unfortunately in estonian it is widely used - an example: "õlu" is beer in estonian This reminds me my N900 where I had zero problems with german layout and estonian letters...

LineageOS - installation was successfull, but again the german qwertz keyboard use is not still there. It seems that the developer is aware of the problem and it is in his todo list.

SailfishOS - the suggested installation procedure did not work. Was able to flash TWRP, but that did not start - only until splashscreen and got stuck there. Tried to sideload SailfishOS with Lineage recovery but that did not succeed.

The hardware seems to be good or at least satisfactory. Yes, the screen rattles a little. And my Nexus 6 seems to have better screen and camera...

So - back to be box and drawer for now. Or should I put it on sale?

Last edited by acrux; 2020-02-21 at 07:29.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
SailfishOS - the suggested installation procedure did not work. Was able to flash TWRP, but that did not start - only until splashscreen and got stuck there. Tried to sideload SailfishOS with Lineage recovery but that did not succeed.
Did you format data partition to remove encryption before installing SailfishOS as in the guide? Which SailfishOS image build did you try?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Let me get asshurt real quick about that the Pro1's camera software IS ****ING GARBAGE. No autofocus, no shutter sound, and during filming I accidentally kept opening the camera settings which stopped my recording, twice!

I'll take my N900's garbage camera quality above this heap of buggy dogshit any day. Fxtec and Google really dropped the ball on the software side. Can't wait for Maemo-Leste!

tl;dr: Pro1, hardware wise: AWESOME. Software wise: lol 4get about it, stick to a N900 if you dislike buggy, non-user friendly software.

EDIT: If you haven't already, install Open Camera. It's miles better than the stock Snapdragon Camera: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rge.opencamera

Thanks to netman for the recommendation!

Last edited by Wasmachinemann-NL; 2020-02-22 at 22:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit