Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That one is easy to answer; Of course they have noting to offer as a swappable.

The next SFOS device is an Intex device, not manufactured/ordered/subcontracted/anyting by Jolla.
How do you suppose they can give to you something not theirs to give?
First half of the refund will be timed to perfection with the release of the Intex phone, hoping everyone spends their bonus cash on it.

Not me captain , I see through your evil plan.....

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That is assuming there were more web shoppers than currently available tablets. I have no data (obviously, no one does) but I doubt it.

My calculation goes like this. Assuming 12000 backers, 500 web shoppers, €300 per tablet. Rounded for easier math and illustration. First wave.

1) Current Jolla plan
500 backers get tablets. Jolla pays €0.
11500 backers get 50% refund. Jolla pays 11500 x €150 = €1,725,000
500 web shoppers get 100% refund. Jolla pays 500 x €300 = €150,000
Total cost in the first wave, €1,875,000

2) My suggestion
500 web shoppers get tablets. Jolla pays €0.
12000 backers get 50% refund. Jolla pays 12000 x €150 = €1,800,000.
Total cost in the first wave, €1,800,000

OK so a €75k saving is not that much but there are additional benefits:
* IGG backers would be treated equally
* IGG backers knew (or should have) what they were getting themselves into
* Web shoppers bought their tablets later so for them the HW would be less out of date
Not sure about some of your conclusions, but as you pointed out, we have no data, which is partly why I've stopped worrying about what Jolla should do. I also did not care for their cavalier attitude when they suggested, in one of their recent posts, to feel free to speculate. So, even if Jolla has made some nice software, for me, it's tIme to move on to other topics of interest and to things I can control more or do something about.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
The IGG pledged money is sunk into SFOS 2.0 and Jolla issuing refunds is _costing_ them more money.
Why don't/can't they use this (new) money to purchase the already manufactured tablets from the original supplier and fulfil orders of the tablets - or at least give that as an option.

-Coley.

Originally Posted by coley View Post
T
Why don't/can't they use this (new) money to purchase the already manufactured tablets from the original supplier and fulfil orders of the tablets - or at least give that as an option.

-Coley.

may be they have told so many "untruths" and "soon" to the original supplier about payment that they have also said enough and see a way of getting some monies back for the hardware in their possession.

Trying to come up with "a box of tablets in the hand is worth more than two jolla promises in the "soon"....." type joke and failing

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That one is easy to answer; Of course they have noting to offer as a swappable.

The next SFOS device is an Intex device, not manufactured/ordered/subcontracted/anyting by Jolla.
How do you suppose they can give to you something not theirs to give?
Well why did they say that tablet buyers would not be left empty-handed?

https://blog.jolla.com/new-years-greetings-jolla/
In other words, all of our backers will not get a Jolla Tablet. However, you can be sure you will not end up empty handed. We might even have some positive surprises in stock for you. But more on that will follow, feel free to speculate!

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
@eekkelund will we recieve option for two Tablets, what do you think?

I guess i will skip one if possible so the possibility of it being given to an actual dev is raised
I would give the other tablet to someone else, but sadly I ordered second tablet for my brother who is quite fan of SailfishOs. Maybe he will become dev..

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Different spec? Considering they were made to Jolla's order, I find that highly unlikely.
Signing keys/BIOS may possibly be quite different since they're running Android. I wouldn't personally get one.

Originally Posted by coley View Post
The IGG pledged money is sunk into SFOS 2.0 and Jolla issuing refunds is _costing_ them more money.

-Coley.
The new investors could have made it a condition that Jolla immediately exit the hardware business. Making devices has basically been an incinerator for investors cash, so probably best to just cut their losses.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Signing keys/BIOS may possibly be quite different since they're running Android. I wouldn't personally get one.
Will you be going back to Jolla in any sort of role?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
The new investors could have made it a condition that Jolla immediately exit the hardware business. Making devices has basically been an incinerator for investors cash, so probably best to just cut their losses.
True - but did they not spin off the h/w entity already?
Also this would just be a purchase transaction of already manu goods.

-Coley.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund