Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Next September I am staying in Oulu (FI) for a couple of days. I think I will buy myself a little present there before coming back to Spain.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I think the countries not listed (NL and more) are still going to get it. The Netherlands is one of the larger Nokia customers, because here Nokia is still one of the market leaders. And.. I have yet to see a WP7 here in the wild! Would make absolutely no sense to skip these countries and aim for the sea ray (what kind of **ap name is that anyways, sounds like the only thing to have survived the burning platform for it was submerged)

I am slightly concerned that they will not produce enaugh units considering Eflop's actions lately. However noting that the N9 will be a more consumer targeted phone, they better make more of these than they made n900s. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
[..] the sea ray (what kind of **ap name is that anyways, sounds like the only thing to have survived the burning platform for it was submerged)
A sea ray is a large flat fish, that "flies through the water like birds through air". Nokia desperately needs something like that to hold on to, after plummeting into the freezing ocean to escape the burning platform.

Also "Sea Ray" seems to be a boat maker, which again fits with the "rescue boat" analogy.

Let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be a sting ray.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
i just noticed that the german nokia online store has closed the doors. maybe this is the reason why germany besides uk, italy, spain... are not listed in that n9 availability checklist.

I have wrote a mail to Nokia Germany and got this answer:
Sehr geehrter Herr Badevil :-),

vielen Dank für Ihre Kontaktaufnahme mit Nokia Care.

In Bezug auf Ihre Anfrage über das Nokia N9, werde ich Ihnen gerne helfen.

Ich möchte Ihnen mitteilen, dass das Nokia N9 in Deutschland verfügbar wird.

Ein genaues Datum gibt es leider nicht, wenn es erhältlich wird. Die neuesten Informationen können Sie in den Nachrichten auf unserer Webseite www.nokia.de finden.

Ich hoffe Ihnen geholfen zu haben.

Für weitere Fragen und Anregungen stehen wir Ihnen gerne jederzeit auch telefonisch zur Verfügung.
Translation:
Dear Mr. Badevil,
regarding your question about the Nokia N9 i would be glad to help you. The Nokia N9 will be available in Germany, but I can not give you a specific date, when it will be available. You can find the newest information at our website www.nokia.de.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
i just noticed that the german nokia online store has closed the doors. maybe this is the reason why germany besides uk, italy, spain... are not listed in that n9 availability checklist.
That's not the reason. The store has also closed in Finland and Sweden and they are on the list.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Norway is not on the list and they are saying:

Det er ikke blitt sluppet noe som helst informasjon når det gjelder pris og tilgjenglighet for N9.

Jeg ser dog ingen grunn til å tro at denne telefonen ikke vil bli sluppet i Norge. Uavhengig av det, vil den jo bli laget for det Europeiske markedet, så den vil fungere i Norge.

Med andre ord, det er ingen info ennå, men du har ingen grunn til å bekymre deg!

Google translate (lazy):

It has not been released any information regarding price and availability of the N9.

I see however no reason to believe that this phone will not be released in Norway. Regardless of that, it will be made for the European market, so it will work in Norway.

In other words, there is no info yet, but you have no reason to worry!

I have asked why the N9 is variable at nokia.at and nokia.ch (produkt site) and here there answer.
German:
vielen Dank für Ihre Kontaktaufnahme mit Nokia Care.

Der verschiede Inhalt von unseren Lokalseiten geht auf verschiedene Marketingkonzepte zurück. Aus diesem Grund gibt es manchmal Unterschiede in den Zeitpunkten, zu welchen wir die neuesten Produkten unseren Kunden vorstellen. Wir versichern Ihnen, dass wir auch bald N9 zu unserer deutschen Seite einfügen werden, und bedanken uns herzlich für Ihre Interesse.
Translated (google it is easier):
Thank you for contacting Nokia Care

The contents of our various local sites dating back to different marketing concepts. For this reason, there are sometimes differences in the times at which we introduce the latest products to our customers. We assure you that we will soon add to our N9 German side, and thank you for your interest.
Maybe it will be available for the other as well... but i still disagree with there "marketing concepts"...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Badevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
New answer in Norwegian:
Hei igjen,

Den listen gjelder kun for de land hvor Nokia har en egen nettbutikk. De vil nemlig gi en notifikasjon for når den blir tilgjengelig i deres egen butikk. Blant annet Norge og Danmark har ikke dette, derfor er ikke Norge og Danmark på listen.
Google:
Hello again,

The list applies only to the countries where Nokia has its own shop. They will in fact provide a notification when it becomes available in their own shop. Among other things, Norway and Denmark do not have this, why is not Norway and Denmark on the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guffaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
New answer in Norwegian:

Google:
Not true since Sweden/Finland/Austria has no store but is in the list...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post: