Active Topics

Originally Posted by sfbg View Post
Flashed and set up my F5122 based on the instructions and comments in the thread. Thanks to everyone!

My limited experience so far:
  • UI is smooth but not dramatically better than Jolla1, swipe from the edge is not always registered
  • Double tap to wake does not work
  • The photo camera quality is currently much worse than on the Jolla 1 (I really hope this changes with the official version)
  • Video recording does not start
  • The 64gb SDcard from my Jolla1 cannot be mounted
  • GPS - satellites are visible, but I could not get lock from the window ledge
  • Battery life with WiFi on and no SIMs seems to be very good

I guess this is what I have noticed, the rest is working well/as expected.
if you go to location settings, then custom settings and turn on all the mozilla options it should speed up

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Vietnam
Hi all
Just flash the community image on my F5122, work fine. I also enable 2 SIM and functioning.
I can use for daily phone, but a minor problem:
- Ofono not stable, it crash some time and could not be restarted. I must manully run:

systemctl restart ofono.

Anyone has this issue and how to fix?
Thank all.

Last edited by lbee; 2017-09-26 at 03:39. Reason: typo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lbee For This Useful Post:
I flashed it and it booted sailfish, went through setting the time zone and sat through the tutorial, and then it's forever a spinning icon, no desktop (been 12 minutes so far) - anyone else have this issue?

Edit: so I've discovered that it's just the lock screen that's locked up, but it can be swiped away to access other apps. So, my quick review of this build:
  • Lock screen is wonky
  • Bluetooth doesn't work (known issue of course)
  • Wifi doesn't work - in WLAN settings it just says "Networking is not available. Please restart device." Restarting did not help.
  • Haptics are barely perceptible
  • Camera doesn't work - just sits at a black screen
I'd like to test some other things but, without wifi, have no way to install anything.

Last edited by taixzo; 2017-09-26 at 04:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Leuven
Originally Posted by speactra View Post
Try:
Code:
systemctl --user stop msyncd && systemctl --user enable msyncd
Thanks but dont solve it.

Rudi Timmermans.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xray2000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Xray2000 View Post
Thanks but dont solve it.
Similar issue here, emails do not get updated automatically and i do not get notifications, have to update them manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Similar issue here, emails do not get updated automatically and i do not get notifications, have to update them manually.
Yes indeed i dont have note that about the email, but indeed it dont update automatic...

Rudi Timmermans.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xray2000 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by sfbg View Post
Flashed and set up my F5122 based on the instructions and comments in the thread. Thanks to everyone!

My limited experience so far:
  • The photo camera quality is currently much worse than on the Jolla 1 (I really hope this changes with the official version)
Huh, I was under the impression that nothing since maybe Nokia 7650 which was my first cameraphone could have worse camera than sbj1!
How is that possible since on paper the xperiax has quite reasonable sensor and optical path?

(for a mobile device, of course... as a real camera it is just as crap as everything else weighing under at least 400 grams of glass....)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
[*]Wifi doesn't work - in WLAN settings it just says "Networking is not available. Please restart device." Restarting did not help.
I had a different issue with WLAN, which got solved with the help of #sailfishos-porters (thank you sledges and vknecht!)
  • I installed m4r0v3r's initial image (the mega.nz hosted one), which worked fine. Well, as far as can be expected atm, but wlan was working.
  • Unfortunately, that build did not have access to my Jolla account and the store, so I re-installed their second image (from the first post of this thread.)
  • Wlan failed on this image (when setting up wifi networks, the SSID selector would just display 'switch on wlan'. I could tap that as much as I wanted, nothing happened.)
  • Going back to the first image also did not re-enable wlan, so it was not specific to the image. After searching through dmesg, it seemed that the card was just not powering up properly anymore.

In the end, wlan got fixed by flashing back to stock android 6 (with the Android downgrade procedure from sailfishmods.de); then re-flashing sfos and it's still working so far.

I still have to try and reproduce, but my initial guess would be that it's linked to me trying to connect to two hidden WLAN networks with the same SSID, one on 2.4 GHz and one on 5 GHz. Detecting those networks is also not entirely stable, it usually doesn't see the hidden 5 GHz network even when sitting right next to the AP.

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I found a small fix. And indeed this works...

systemctl --user restart msyncd

Rudi Timmermans.

Last edited by Xray2000; 2017-09-26 at 10:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xray2000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I flashed it and it booted sailfish, went through setting the time zone and sat through the tutorial,
No need to do that:https://together.jolla.com/question/...ncel-tutorial/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post: