was using Android spotify app, just switched to cutespot on my X, no problem

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
was using Android spotify app, just switched to cutespot on my X, no problem
Just wait an see after next update.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Is there a trick to getting an X to charge? I've tried with the phone switched on and off and used two cables which both work with my old phone, it appears to work but when ignored for an hour it's only gaining around 8% which is pretty useless!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Is there a trick to getting an X to charge? I've tried with the phone switched on and off and used two cables which both work with my old phone, it appears to work but when ignored for an hour it's only gaining around 8% which is pretty useless!
To tell you frankly I have never seen something like that. But I think you have already the hints in what you wrote:
  • Have you tried with cables which work with your current phone, not only the old one?
  • Maybe with one charger and one cable, instead two cables only...?
  • and come on, you invented free energy: 8% in 1 hour with 2 cables only, ... how much do you want for those 2 cables... I´m paying in Euros just name a price...
  • ... or your phone is just too sensitive, try to not ignore "her" for such a long time...

Last edited by Merienth; 2018-03-20 at 08:24. Reason: typos

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Thanks Merienth, you were right - no idea why but after poking her in the power button every 10 minutes for the first half hour she continued to charge happily!

I think I'll hold on to the magic cables if it's all the same, might come in handy if Putin does turn off the gas...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Just wait an see after next update.
In fact, cutespot is launching but playing a song is almost impossible, you were right ( just took me almost 2 weeks to report the issue )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
it appears to work but when ignored for an hour it's only gaining around 8% which is pretty useless!
Stupid question :

- Have had a look if there's no background process stuck at 100% CPU usage that sucks the energy away ?
(Either install a command-line tool like htop or a native GUI app like Crest)

For example : a synchronisation that take a long time when you power-up your phone.

Or : some android process eating CPU like it's candy.

That might be a reason why at the first attempt (while the process is still running) it's only charging 8% per hour (most of the energy goes into the CPU, with only a little bit left over to charge the battery), and only charges normally much later on further attempts (once the process has finished clogging the CPU).

Also :
- Modern phones like the Xperia throttle their charging speed based on the voltage they detect on the USB port. If the voltage drops too much maybe the phone is pulling too much out of the charger and thus the phone slows down the charging speed.
So a charger advertises 1.5A charging current max, but when plugged in the phone, only 4.8v are seen on the microUSB cable, so the phone will throttle down, e.g.: eventually settling for only 800mA charging current-

Bad quality cable can mess with this detection : older phone will still charge, but due to poor conductors (thin wires for 5V and GND inside the cable), there's resistance and the voltage drops causing your Xperia to slow its charging speed.

If you don't have access to the original cable (or if it is worn down due to use) it might be good to buy a new one, a 'thick' cable with thicker conductor on the 5V and GND.

Also, some charger (usually advertising "smart IC" and stuff like that) can attempt to boost a bit the voltage on their side (emitting 5.2V instead of 5V) to counter-act resistance in the cable (it helps a bit).

Also, before "USB Power Delivery standard", there wasn't really an official way to advertise max current for a charger (except de facto fumbling with resistors across the D+ and D- data lines).
So it might be that the other phone you tested correctly sunderstand the maximum output of the charger, but the Xperia happens not to speak the exact same signaling dialect and falls back to the safer 500mA

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
In fact, cutespot is launching but playing a song is almost impossible, you were right ( just took me almost 2 weeks to report the issue )
The version in Jolla Store works okay - don't update it to the last in Open Repos.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Hi sailors, sadly i had to go back to that bloody android, my xperia x with sailfish latest build gave me so much error/bugs/failiors/reboots etc , its just not ready for daily use, to many things not working yet, and i cant wait for updates that maybe solves it, there are to many if's and whens , ill wait for sailfish 3 , i assume that is a COMPLEET OS, working out of the box.

I will be back to SFOS, its good but yet not the best!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I am waiting for the next 2.2.0 Mouhijoki update that will add dual-sim xperia x support as also currently I don't think it's a stable daily phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x