Notices

So is it possible, to run an App with an additional command, to get rid of the big menu bar? I mean like "cloudGPS" is doing, there is an integrated menu bar. Or Liqcalendar.

I found this one, but I dont know if i can trust that
http://sumoudou.org/%E7%9B%B8%E6%92%...ia%20N900.html

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
This can be trusted, it was disussed 2 years ago: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47831 but I'm not sure if it will work with current PR (or CSSU) as this stuff was designed when PR 1.0-1.2 was in use afaik, but you can check if you feel brave (unless someone else corrects me that it still works with PR 1.3.1, cssu-stable and cssu-testing)

I am currently running CSSU - stable. But how do other apps deal with that problem? I mean, there are seriously plenty of apps without that big maemo bar

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I thought you could just add

Code:
-rfull
to the end of the Exec= line in .desktop

/usr/share/applications/hildon/....

Works on stuff like Sygic and Frozen-Bubble etc...

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Some apps are written using canvases instead of hildon windows. When creating plain X.org windows you can set them to fullscreen, too. I think it's also possible with qt or gtk/hildon, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never needed that and that's just my common sense. Anyway, it can be set in source code before compilation, it's programmer decision.

You can try what sixwheeledbeast suggested maybe. Modified hildon-desktop can be a way to do it also

Thanks bro,
i will try it.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Egypt | Forum editor
maybe use CTRL+SHIFT+N in the application helps

Press the thanks button if i helped.

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
One quick and dirty way of doing it is to install wmctrl, and just issue the following command:

Code:
sleep 3 && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen
After 3 seconds of issuing the command whichever window is active will be set to fullscreen. So after you issue the command you have 3 seconds to go to the window that you want in fullscreen.

The command works both ways; if the window is in fullscreen it will set it back to normal as well.

I know this is not the way to do it, but as I was looking for a temporary and quick solution this was enough for me and it worked with no problems at all.

Maybe some of the folks here have a better way of doing it.

Regrads,
mlwane