Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
No update for the browser was also a big disappointment for me. Updated my testdevice. And downgrading at the moment. My lockscreen was gone. No way to enter the system after the first lock.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
However the browser changelog tells the Qt version we are heading to:

[browser] Fix Qt 5.9 compatibility issues.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
After the early access release today, we expect to roll out the 3.0.0 release for all the customers in a few weeks, and further the next release 3.0.1 in early December.

You can start to enjoy the faster Sailfish already now with the 3.0.0 release and the upcoming major Qt upgrade will further improve the responsiveness & performance resulting to 50% better overall performance.
https://blog.jolla.com/sailfish3/

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ India
What about the Jolla c? has it got the update?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by kick View Post
What about the Jolla c? has it got the update?
jolla c yes,also aquafish converted.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Crap! I gotta get my tablet back up and running... been bricked.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Upgraded to early access version on Xperia X

+Top menu! Customizable with Ambiences or not.
+Swipe down to close application! Either right or left side of display to close app, center swipe pulls top menu down.
+More useful info displayed in top menu: WIFI access point name and BT connected device name are shown: it is all in the small details
+VPN Works although ipleak.net shows no IPv6 information, only IPv4 connected.
+The initial feel of “enhanced smoothness” and faster starting apps is there.
+battery consumption seems stable
+USB OTG works with Linux formatted USB stick. Notification, and file browsing, mount unmount options do work.

-Volume level setting of mobile device and BT headset still not unified
-Focus point of camera in moderate light does work on close by (20cm) but does hardly work on remote objects
-not sure about the Android VM version upgrade: Wire Secure messenger still shows “no internet connection”.
-No change in gallery though announced so I suppose
-BlueTooth connection to headset is not to stable as Sailfish 3 still seems unable to prioritize music play from Android Spotify without interruptions, even downloaded, non streaming content (sorry but Sailfish client Cutespot too broken at present)
-Fingerprints unlock no longer works for me but I fear this is due to a failing fingerprint sensor on the Sony Xperia X.
-mentioned upgrades like improved gallery, file manager etc.. nowhere to be seen yet..

I can be short. Upgrade is a must to have a taste of real Sailfish OS.

The change in usability is major, this is not 2.x in 3.0 disguise as a previous poster claims.

It seems playtime is over and Jolla has finally realized that the previous 2.0 interface flow had been an abomination and was undefendable towards the less than perfect Android or iOS one.
By this Jolla has remembered where their major advantage and opportunity lays in front of ignorant masses that don’t care about VPN, encryption, security or fair play, local (for some), non spying OS.

Now the intereface is actually useful and starting to feel superior again. I could recommend it to my mother or my 80 year+ uncle that still uses a 3310.
To topple the masses towards accepting Saiflish over the 100k+ apps in store iOS or Android a few more crucial applications may need to be elegantly integrated (think Skype on Nokia N900 style) or at least see native clients soon.
As for installing Sailfish: well good for the phone shops that are looking ot provide service: They can provide Sailfish installation service next to their hard job of filling out RMA forms, repairing broken displays and swapping SIM cards.

The interface improvement being so obvious and just a return to common sense 2011 makes me wonder what they have been waiting for? Intex India withdrawing their influence under which the, in all honesty, terribly broken Sailfish 2.0 interface came into being? Clearing uncertainty about possible lawsuits of by using same mechanisms as other historical and present OS?

Who am I to pretend to understand the "mobile business", I am only the user hoping to ever have something like an up to date N900 again. (Leste?)

Anyway, today I am feeling like looking for an XA2.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Interesting, that you see such a huge difference in UX.
What other thing has changed aside from the Top-Menu?

For me it doesn't feel much different.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post

Maybe it is not about change, it is about fixing broken user interface.

Change we had got with Sailfish 2.0. For the worse if you ask me.

We are all used to top down menu's since Symbian^3.
So it is not a major change, rather is a return of don't fix what ain't broken and this without touching the principle of sticking to a Swipe based OS.
Those Ambiences in 2.0 were taking precious space for nothing, now in 3.0 they share top estate with the most useful and needed functions (BT , Wifi, etc..)

Ever tried explaining your old father / uncle / grandmother where to find Wifi enable / disable or open torchlight in Sailfish OS 2.0?

Other major "change" or call it fix to enhance the swipe based OS:

The closing of apps by swiping from top down.

Besides that you can still hold your finger and close by clicking the individual crosses in the multitask screen, so indeed, no change for you just more options.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post

100% agree. To sum it up...
  • The top menu is an abomination.
  • This bug has still not been fixed, after more than a year and despite a major version bump
  • The overall verdict: "meh".

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
+More useful info displayed in top menu: WIFI access point name and BT connected device name are shown: it is all in the small details
I was going to ask you where on earth can you see that, since all I could see was this:

Name:  Screenshot_20181101_001.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  20.8 KB

...but it mysteriously changed after a minute or so. I can indeed see the WiFi name now.
As far as I am concerned, unreliable labels are just another "meh".

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Other major "change" or call it fix to enhance the swipe based OS:

The closing of apps by swiping from top down.
Really? That has been there since day 1. Admittedly, not by default. You had to enable it in Settings.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: