Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Just small comment. N900 does not have java and MMS inside. Nobody cares.
N900 has MfE inside. With limited functionality (compared with other Nokia phones). Everybody cares.
FWIW, my MfE experience under Maemo has been much more satisfactory than under S60.

for one main reason:
it supports subfolders!
i use them extensively and always felt a bit bound by the fact that symbian MfE only shows you the inbox. now i have access to everything if i need it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Guernsey
I have to agree, subfolders is a major missing feature on S60 which will be great to have access to when I finally get a N900.

all here is speaking how mfe works with 2007, but hey! im not using 2007, how about 2003???

Guys really, if some1 have little probs sync calendar with 2007, u r still happy. my mfe+2003 dont work at all. And some1 just told new firmware dont fix it.

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by Ac1d View Post
Guys really, if some1 have little probs sync calendar with 2007, u r still happy. my mfe+2003 dont work at all. And some1 just told new firmware dont fix it.
Who is this "some 1one"?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Just to clarify. The messages are not sent even if you are initiating manual sync by hand using control panel application (Press "Sync manually" button). But if you use Send&Receive from e-mail client, the messages are sent. Is it correct description of the issue?
Hi Vitaly this is correct.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
There is no possibility right now. As N900 Calendar GUI does not support the possibility to set events as private/normal etc, it has been decided to create "normal" events in the server.

From the other hand, it is (technically) possible to extend the solution to take the default value from gconf. But to make GUI for it is a different issue.
Could it be possible to have two MfE-calendars in N900? So that the public/normal events would go to normal calendar and the private ones in a private calendar. That way one could decide the publicity of the event by choosing the calendar, and one could decide the colours etc. also!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ austria
Originally Posted by labra View Post
Could it be possible to have two MfE-calendars in N900? So that the public/normal events would go to normal calendar and the private ones in a private calendar. That way one could decide the publicity of the event by choosing the calendar, and one could decide the colours etc. also!
I definitely agree with this. As the device is capable of handling multiple calendars, in opposite to symbian devices, it should also be possible to synchronize multiple calendars. Almost everybody uses at least a private and a business calendar...

Does n900 support MS Exchange 2003?
Mail for exchange don't work in my n900.
In the first sync stop-it and... nothing other (i have wait an entire night).
I'm sure for the parameters, used with nokia n97 and others smartphone. Nokia don't help me "for mails"...
(sorry for my english...)
Help me pleease!

The Following User Says Thank You to Random For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!