Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jpj View Post
I only see 9 (standard SD).
I said I don't think all 13 pins are there and also stated reasons why it is unlikely.

Originally Posted by konfoo View Post
Update - 4GB Transcend 150x does *not* work. I don't know why people post that they have it working when it does not. Try copy a 100+Mb file to the card and watch it fail. 90 bucks down the tubes.
Can be issue with USB mass storage implementation in N800 (remember they support only 2GB officially) or with specific format (FAT16/32, specific cluster size), try to reformat the card either in N800 or on PC. Or try the copy via ssh/scp.

Also check kernel log when the card is inserted via 'dmesg' in osso-xterm if 4G size is reported and also if there are any errors when the copy fails. It is very unlikely this is specific to card maker unless there are I/O errors reported in kernel log.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
OK... In other words the N800 should have up to 4x faster file data transfer rate with SD than N770 with MMC cards?
In theory it can be even 8x or 16x. N770 mmc slot was running at 12Mhz using 1 bit bus width with nokia kernel while SD cards run at 25Mhz (probably 24Mhz in N800). Also some newer SD cards can support twice as that (50Mhz) so I guess n800 can be made to run them at 48Mhz like with current mmc high speed hack for N770.

Originally Posted by konfoo View Post
Update - 4GB Transcend 150x does *not* work. I don't know why people post that they have it working when it does not. Try copy a 100+Mb file to the card and watch it fail. 90 bucks down the tubes.
ok, before I spend out on 2x4GB SD cards on monday - what works what doesn't?!?

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
I said I don't think all 13 pins are there and also stated reasons why it is unlikely.
Sorry, I misread your earlier comment.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
ok, before I spend out on 2x4GB SD cards on monday - what works what doesn't?!?
I also bought a pair of Transcend 4GB 150X SD (not SDHC) based on info here. Expecting arrival around Wednesday 1/17/07; will test and report back.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
We should just assume that up to this post none of the confirmed cards are known to work.

If you have a card, 'working' is defined by the ability to create 128Mb swapfile on it, and copy a file of at least 100Mb to it.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Good points konfoo. It helps to have a standard for pass/fail.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I have ordered two different brand 4GB SD cards, one Kingston and one ELITE PRO brand (or call it "no name" brand... ) from eBay. They better work...

I'll let you know once I receive them and my N800.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I have ordered two different brand 4GB SD cards, one Kingston and one ELITE PRO brand (or call it "no name" brand... ) from eBay. They better work...

I'll let you know once I receive them and my N800.
Hope those aren't coming from Hong Kong