Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What do you think about changing hardwere in a phone? to good to be true...?

http://androidandme.com/2013/03/news...able-hardware/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Whatever motorola will release it will not lower Samsungs sale. No one can beat Samsung right now. If anyone can then its Nokia but with a right strategy not with thier carpsoft.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Whatever motorola will release it will not lower Samsungs sale. No one can beat Samsung right now. If anyone can then its Nokia but with a right strategy not with thier carpsoft.
Their goal is probably not to beat Samsung.

I'd love a custom phone, and this approach worked well for Dell computers for a while. Battery, screen, chasis material, add-on internals (fmtx, anyone?), memory--some of the major factors are already customizable while others are not. There's no harm in choice, IMHO.

I just hunt the high end, so I pretty much want it all. To me, the challenge is getting the best app ecosystems together with the best hardware. My dream is to have any app on any device with any/multiple OS-approach(es) that I want.

Some time ago, I saw a Chinese knock-off N9 clone running seven (7) different OS skins (iOS, Android, WinPho, etc.) Those guys know how to live!

For now, I'd like to see a rogue shop putting iOS internals into a HTC One body with a custom Sailfish interface.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
No use in fancy custom hardware upgrades, if parts availability will be utterly limited (only one or two brands making them, at most, probably for very limited time), and operating system is even more utterly limited.

I thought "X phone" in title meant X graphic enviromnent OK, seriously, expected it to be just fancy, missleading name - although still, checked just in case, to reveal another boring android. At this point, I still need to decide what is less inspiring - rumors about another fancy-hardware-useless-OS android device, or gossip about "how far we can separate from mainstream linux and screw users more (tm)" ubuntu "phone".

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-21 at 07:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^there kina approaches have been already taken by senzen china lol i had one useless wm8650 upgradable shits dn know abt it much but didnt serve any purpose as the mobo was the curlpit for the handheld

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Their goal is probably not to beat Samsung.
That was jolla when i last checked. Nokia is a global company and with all their MS money they should be able to beat samsung easily. Now im going to wonder how they can't. :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Everything new to the market is great, Can't see how you failing to see the greatness of this. If you don't like. Don't buy it. But not to see the excellent choice this gives to the consumer is beyond me.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
no i can clearly see the greatness of a new product.