CompUSA begins to ship 770 ...

Only in their website and not avalibale in-store ...

check it out ...

CompUSA Nokia 770

Order'd and cancl'd the nokiausa one. Thanks Pawa!

I am not in us, but I will be have one ...

bla bla blaaa...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Cumberland Center, Maine, USA
Originally Posted by Concrete Donkey
Order'd and cancl'd the nokiausa one. Thanks Pawa!
Aw man, now I really don't know what to do... It's $50 more at the CompUSA site (I got a $10 coupon for the NokiaUSA site), but they might run out really fast and get a worse backorder then Nokia. Also, I ordered on November 14th, so I'm near the front of their line. This CompUSA now shipping thing might indicate that Nokia is ready to ship. And, CompUSA just sent out e-mails to their subscribers at 10:00AM today it seems, so they just started allowing orders. When I ordered from the Nokia site, they said they were shipping November 17th. CompUSA say they're shipping now. Can I believe them? I don't know what to do!
AAAAAHHHH!

maybe you can order both of them, keep the one you get first and sell the one you get later.

I'm sure you can sell the all in new 770, what do you think ?

newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
It seems like CompUSA is now shipping the Nokia 770. On their website, it
now shows that the Nokia 770 is [LINK:
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...t_code=336223] now
available online (not available in-store) for $399.99 with free shipping.
Note however that their price is $40 more than Nokia USA`s.

Will it be worth cancelling pre-orders at Nokia USA and order through
CompUSA instead?

[Thanks pawa and Concrete Donkey!]...
Read the full article.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Cumberland Center, Maine, USA
Hey hey, check out the NokiaUSA site. When you go to order, the message now says:
We are currently fulfilling a large number of backorders for this device. New orders for the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet are expected to be shipped by December 30, 2005.

Your credit card will not be charged until your order is available for shipment. You will receive a shipment confirmation email at that time. Thank you for your patience.
And, when you add it to your cart, it says available on December 30.
Hm, maybe I'll order from CompUSA and keep my NokiaUSA order, and when I receive a tracking number from one, and the shipper says they have it, I'll try and cancel the other before that one ships.

I do not like how Nokia is treating its pre-orders... I may just have to put Nokia on the "list".

Last edited by skynetos; 2005-12-10 at 01:25.

Ok, I intially pre-ordered two units at Noika USA for my brother and I. What I did was to cancel one and ordered one at CompUSA. Let's see which one will arrive first.

I just picked one up from CompUSA in Greenville, SC. They had multiple units in stock, but they were not on display. I'm glad I canceled my pre-order when the projected ship date slipped, otherwise I'd be waiting until next year for it. I'll post some first impressions after I get back to my house.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmccoy For This Useful Post: