Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
From what I hear, Nokia is pushing extremely hard to get this rolling. But the company won't say anything publicly lest it build expectations that can't be met.

Mike Cane has always said it's more important that they get it right than they get it out early. I'd say that applies to the rollout as well as the device.

I've wondered aloud previously about what Nokia's marketing strategy for the device will be as I believe they have a challenge ahead. As such, I'm curious about how they handle the rollout in the US both because I'm waiting on one and because it goes directly to this strategy. Hopefully, they will have more stock available for sale in the US than they did in European stores.

As of now, all the Euro stores are sold out. That's no stock available over there within 5 days of the press release. Several folks have mentioned emails they received from Nokia Direct indicating a restocking by month's end. I have to say, that's not a great way to start off selling a new product that they're going to have to work hard to market appropriately.

I really do want the 770 to succeed so I hope they get things straightened out. However, if there are supply shortages in the US rollout as well, you really have to question the long-term viability of the 770. Here's to hoping that things are much different going forward.

Jeff

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Cumberland Center, Maine, USA
Originally Posted by RogerS
$359 is considerably less than 350 euros -- like 50 dollars less.
Yea, I had calculated that the average price over in Europe was $433.76.

There is a website that confirms Nokia's official shipping of the 770 sometime next week at $350,
I dont know if this is a reliable source but here it is, you guys can decide:

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8791752247.html

this article has was posted nov 7, i don't know how i didn't know about it earlier, but oh well, if it speaks the truth i will be happy

Last edited by thenabbster; 2005-11-13 at 02:50.