Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
I think the problem here is, that this is the other guy's thread and he wants to help people by designing graphics. I really think it's a bit of rude of you to pop up here shouting "I'll do it, I'll do it"
This is an open forum. Everyone can contribute - It's about members getting together. You don't even know if adem3311 and joshua end up doing this in collaboration? And the result ends up being better than neither of them could have done alone?

I think that the graphic/icon designing is a common problem. But many times the need are quite similar: open/close/delete/move etc. It would be a good idea to build an image -bank in the development area? I think that would be a great help for many coders and would help to speed up releasing new software.

The Following User Says Thank You to kalle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Hey, please don't fight

I replied here because I saw the OP would like to contribute some graphics and I need it, and nobody had asking for help.

I don't mind if the OP or other designer make the work, to be fair let's to wait until the OP say if is interested or not.

The next time I need some designer (for sure I'll do) I'll open a new thread and will be a first-come first-served basis ;-)

Hi Guys has anyone created a theme for N900/Maemo 5 that I can download and use on my device?

Cheers

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by GilesyNokia View Post
Hi Guys has anyone created a theme for N900/Maemo 5 that I can download and use on my device?

Cheers
I am currently working on 2 themes,

9x

HiTech

If you want a (probably a bit buggy) test version, I can share the .deb with you.

Last edited by joppu; 2009-10-12 at 13:45.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
I think the problem here is, that this is the other guy's thread and he wants to help people by designing graphics. I really think it's a bit of rude of you to pop up here shouting "I'll do it, I'll do it". Perhaps you should have PM'd yerga instead? Since people here hinted you: "take the iniative", you are always jumping at change if there is something related to graphics design.

Sure you do, if you jump at the every chance before anyone you surely will be able to make them look best. I know you work in your fancy company and can do photoshop stuff professionally. If someone manages to do something better than you, no problem, you can just use your farly superior photoshop skills to beat them.

Yeah, who doesn't?

What? So it's my attitude now? Also, are you suggesting that I don't know anything FOSS community?
The last part of my comment was uncalled for, although I did intend it to be a joke.

I did not say "I'll do it, I'll do it."

I didn't see anything wrong with offering help, or wanting to help.

I apologize to the OP if I stepped out of line, or came across rude.

I don't want to "beat" anyone, I just really want to contribute, and I want everything to look as good as possible, whether my work is selected or not.

I'm no master at photoshop either, my firm is small, and I actually don't do much design "professionally." I'm the "self appointed" Interactive Director/Partner and I only launched a couple of years ago. I was looking at this community as a place that I could work on design for free and receive criticism of my work. I also hoped to learn from other individuals design skills, and see what they are doing right and wrong.

My apologies again to the OP, and yourself if I hurt your feeling over this. Thanks for the alternative perspective, though I'm not sure if I feel it is correct.

Originally Posted by kalle View Post
This is an open forum. Everyone can contribute - It's about members getting together. You don't even know if adem3311 and joshua end up doing this in collaboration? And the result ends up being better than neither of them could have done alone?

I think that the graphic/icon designing is a common problem. But many times the need are quite similar: open/close/delete/move etc. It would be a good idea to build an image -bank in the development area? I think that would be a great help for many coders and would help to speed up releasing new software.
This is my belief, I really didn't see myself as doing anything wrong.

Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Hey, please don't fight

I replied here because I saw the OP would like to contribute some graphics and I need it, and nobody had asking for help.

I don't mind if the OP or other designer make the work, to be fair let's to wait until the OP say if is interested or not.

The next time I need some designer (for sure I'll do) I'll open a new thread and will be a first-come first-served basis ;-)
If that's how you want to handle it, that sounds good to me. Though, I do believe that being a community, we should always be getting multiple ideas and designs to ensure that the apps that come out, enter the world with the best look possible. But it is your app, so I'll wait for your go ahead to take a crack at it.

Tags
flamewar