Active Topics

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
In terms of long, you've got an insurmountable climb up that I can't see in the current ecosystem that Nokia let slip through their fingers.
From the last Q2 report, purchasing Nokia was a no brainer if you knew basic math. The price was way below the value of the company, and they had cash to keep on going for several years. Ashas are selling like hot caces, and WP market share had increased 270% exclusively due to Nokia. From that moment on the stock could only go up, at least up to the real value of 4-5 US$ per share.

Most of that has already happened now, faster than I suspected, but that doesn't mean it HAS to climb higher than 4-5. From a reality point of view, there is no REAL reason it should go higher than 5 ish, and no real reason it should be lower than 4 ish. When the price was 1.5 and the Q2 report came, that was a reality check that eventually HAD to push the price up, no speculation or gambling involved due to the limbo state Nokia was in.

When looking at the industry (smartphones), it consists of these things:
1. The iPhone
2. Android phones
3. Blackberrys
4. WP7
5. WP8
6. Symbian
7. Asha (not even considered a smartphone by Nokia, but a smartphone it is because it does what smartphones does)

Filtering out the dead and soon to be dead:
1. iPhone
2. Android
3. WP8
4. Asha

Will Nokia make it here? The question is already answered. Ashas are selling like hot cakes, and Nokia finally have their expenses under control. The only question left is will Nokia start making large profits, that eventually push the stocks up far above the min value of the company, way beyond 5 US$ per share? Obviously no one can answer that question but becoming all fanboyant and "anti-FLop" trolls does not help you one bit understanding the industry.

I believe WP8 and Nokia will make it why?
1. My Lumia 800 is the best everyday phone I have ever had. WP8 will have all that and lots more (pureview, indoor navigation etc).
2. WP8 will be the place for development and new stuff. Android will be cheap chinese phones exclusively and will get the cool new stuff 1-2 years later.
3. MS ecosystem is great. With Win8/RT/WP this will be all fused together in a way people can't resist.
4. WP/Win will be the choice for business and gaming. The two main "killer apps"

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
its so obvious that Nokia is on the rise. Haters will be haters though.

So, let's indulge ourselves in a little thought experiment:

No matter how much of an WP evangelist one might be, the line between religious devotion and overly-optimistic investing probably gets drawn at the point when one actually considers that a given company might, no matter how good the product, end up failing and bankrupting itself.

So, let's assume Nokia goes bankrupt. The "stock is so low, tiem 2 by moaaar" crowd, I mean duo, gets stuck with a crapload of stock belonging to a dead company.

Once things go down south, how will price react, and what opportunities arise for making a profit out of those share? And, more likely, is there actually any way to make such profit?

In short, what happens to stock owners once Nokia gets comfy in wooden pajamas, and proceeds to gulp down some grass juice six feet under?

Originally Posted by number41 View Post
So, let's indulge ourselves in a little thought experiment:

No matter how much of an WP evangelist one might be, the line between religious devotion and overly-optimistic investing probably gets drawn at the point when one actually considers that a given company might, no matter how good the product, end up failing and bankrupting itself.

So, let's assume Nokia goes bankrupt. The "stock is so low, tiem 2 by moaaar" crowd, I mean duo, gets stuck with a crapload of stock belonging to a dead company.

Once things go down south, how will price react, and what opportunities arise for making a profit out of those share? And, more likely, is there actually any way to make such profit?

In short, what happens to stock owners once Nokia gets comfy in wooden pajamas, and proceeds to gulp down some grass juice six feet under?
This is redicullous. You can't be a fanboy and a trader at the same time. Not if you want to make money in the stock market. You can get luucky of course, but if luck is your main asset you are better of on the race ttracks.

You get the phone(s) you want based on whateve, looks functionality smell ... You buy and sell stock based on some kind of analysis, and you do it to make money.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Very very nice X % today

Samsung's penaltys to apple push back samsung and gives a lift to Nokia...possably!

Another Great day to own nokia stock!

Edit: Nokia will release Zynga draw and zynga poker later. If zynga will allow real money games in the future this would be major. If you don't know. zynga is huge since they are working with facebook.

Great news!

see playmoney to the left.
http://www.pokerscout.com/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-27 at 12:08.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Edit: Nokia will release Zynga draw and zynga poker later. If zynga will allow real money games in the future this would be major. If you don't know. zynga is huge since they are working with facebook.
Zynga is even worse investment than Nokia. Lost 80% of stock price since the march highs. Zynga is now worth about 1/5th of the IPO price. The key people are already leaving the ship as fast as possible and there is an insider trading lawsuit brewing. Oh and Electronic Arts and Maxis are suing them over IP theft.

The casual Facebook gaming buble is over.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Well, everything depends on when and in what time frame you invest.

I'm not saying you shall invest, just saying they have huge userbase as long as they are online there just great for any device, since it generats x amount of devices for nokia.

You guys are such a Trollmageddons. So negative, only post negatives. Even if i'm not a fan of windows phone, I think its great when the stock is moving in a positive direction since pole all over the world gets more money.

why follow the negatrons when you can join Optimus Dave

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
And you are just now seeing all the negative trolling going on? The people here are NOKIA haters, I am surprised they have been banned or banished yet.

Hey lumiatroll, you don't need to get banned for hating nokia. Personally, loved the maemo/meego nokia much more. But what's done is done. Move forward and why not make some money while doing so.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha