Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Hi,

I have a serious problem with the user guide included in the packaging. Actually there are 2 user guides (one black and the other one green) but one of them is... I don't know, FAKE.

On the first page it features a picture of what seems to be an N8xx device (not sure which model). I know this isn't really unusual, but the images throughout the rest of the guide picture lots of other models, with very few pages actually showing the N900 or N900-specific instructions. But what's worse is that the font of some (many) pages is different - it has an odd aspect ratio and it's blurry - it's as if someone took a screenshot of another manual's pages and then cropped it to put together this "guide" for the N900.

Can anyone explain what's going on? I found nothing about this, so I would really like to know if this is the manual that ships with the N900 everywhere.
Anyway I am pretty sure the device is not a chinese clone (which would make sense), it's a genuine Nokia N900.

maybe advertising? where did you get your phone?

Also do note that the manual for the n900 is aweful! it's 10 pages of "this is the screen, this is the power button" etc. It's bad!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Also do note that the manual for the n900 is aweful! it's 10 pages of "this is the screen, this is the power button" etc. It's bad!
it's not really a manual, it's a quick start guide. the actual manual is the PDF file that is easily accessible from the Nokia website

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
does your phone say NOKLA?

is it even an N900??

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
does your phone say NOKLA?

is it even an N900??
As I said, it is NOT a chinese clone. It's not NOKLA or CECT or whatever. It is THE N900. All the features are there and everything works as expected, not to mention I bought it from a reputable, honest, and reliable retailer.

Guys how does the manual (or quick guide) that came with your N900 look? I would really appreciate it if you could post screenshots.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by giecsar View Post
As I said, it is NOT a chinese clone. It's not NOKLA or CECT or whatever. It is THE N900. All the features are there and everything works as expected, not to mention I bought it from a reputable, honest, and reliable retailer.

Guys how does the manual (or quick guide) that came with your N900 look? I would really appreciate it if you could post screenshots.
Just type N900 unboxing on youtube...