Active Topics

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
"You don't have to touch it again unless you change locations by 150 miles or more"
What does Cache is not Valid mean under Info in AGPS?
If I'm somewhere where there isn't an Internet connection, a few miles away from home, would AGPS still help?

The Following User Says Thank You to jpramlak For This Useful Post:
cache not valid probably means that the alamanac/ephemeris data are out of date (if you're still in the current location) or out of date/wrong area if you've moved.

Just a guess mind you

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by the inebriator View Post
Sorry for bumping an older thread, but i found that i also am missing the map when i open up AGPS (same result doing agps-ui from terminal). It's just a plain white screen. I can still access the menu at the top. Is there perhaps an image file or map file that may be missing? I did delete the western US maps recently to free up room, is it possible that the map displaying in AGPS was removed? If so, does anyone know how i can recover the file?

Note: i did try removing and re installing the agps program, with no luck

thanks
Sorry for bumping the bump, but I too am confronting this issue. The map is still in the filesystem (/usr/share/agps-ui/worldmap.png), but agps-ui does not display it. The program does seem to still work, I just can't see the map to tell where I am pointing! What is the fix?

The Following User Says Thank You to gigapus For This Useful Post: