Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
@rinigus I corrected. I restored district folder with poly for district from geofabrik and created region folder

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by XOleg View Post
@rinigus I corrected. I restored district folder with poly for district from geofabrik and created region folder
It looks great now! That's exactly as it is supposed to be. Please send it over and we could test whether all works. For that, go to your github project page and create new pull request, as explained earlier.

I'll try to merge and test it ASAP. After accepted, you could just continue with the other regions at your own speed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
How about translate to Russian for name of regions?
This is actually hard question. We have 360 regions to translate - that's a huge task! I do wonder how to automate that.

There is also another issue - how to organize translations? Do we do it via transifex? Then all regions would be translated not when inserted but through the code.

Alternative is to add name.ru , for example, and put russian translation into it. But the issue would be that it would be hard for translators to go through the maze of files and get it translated. If its too hard - noone would do it

If anyone knows a good solution, speak up.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
A bit off-topic, so please don't reply:
I just wanted to point out the great job rinigus is doing here, both for support and for development. I don't use Scout Server (yet), but still felt the urge to click 'thanks' to the last pages of his support/change comments – please consider doing exactly that if he helped you… I think this effort calls for a few more thanks below his name.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
It looks great now! That's exactly as it is supposed to be. Please send it over and we could test whether all works. For that, go to your github project page and create new pull request, as explained earlier.

I'll try to merge and test it ASAP. After accepted, you could just continue with the other regions at your own speed.
@rinigus I'm sorry. I don' understood. I pressed "create pull request" after correction.
This is not enough?

P.S. Transifex it's not bad for me. It's not very difficult to translate name of regions. 360 names. It's possible to reduce? ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
@rinigus I'm sorry. I don' understood. I pressed "create pull request" after correction.
This is not enough?

P.S. Transifex it's not bad for me. It's not very difficult to translate name of regions. 360 names. It's possible to reduce? ;-)
Strange, I haven't received anything. You might have not confirmed it.

1. Go to https://github.com/XOleg/osmscout-server

2. Press "Pull request"

3. You will get a page called "Comparing changes". Press big green button "Create pull request"

Re translations: let's see if we can somehow at least prefill some of them

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Strange, I haven't received anything. You might have not confirmed it.

1. Go to https://github.com/XOleg/osmscout-server

2. Press "Pull request"

3. You will get a page called "Comparing changes". Press big green button "Create pull request"

Re translations: let's see if we can somehow at least prefill some of them
After 1-3 I see https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server and "Name is requested"

Last edited by XOleg; 2017-03-18 at 10:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Name is requested
That's right, put there something. Like "adding adygea"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
That's right, put there something. Like "adding adygea"
this is made

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
this is made
@XOleg - just tested - it all worked nicely. Now, how do we do? Do you want to make more regions and then we make all the updates later tonight? It takes 2-4 hours to get it into the server, due to the technical solution used.

Translators: I am finishing an intermediate release that would expose updates to GUI and also would help on the communication with the maps distribution server. Unfortunately, one of the longer help strings has been changed and was dropped by lang generator. I hope its OK and you could update it. Your older version can be seen at https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-...7c06756226482a among all other changes in line numbers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles