Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
@rinigus. Yes I'll continue now.

I see translation for this moment

Last edited by XOleg; 2017-03-18 at 10:50.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@XOleg - just tested - it all worked nicely. Now, how do we do? Do you want to make more regions and then we make all the updates later tonight? It takes 2-4 hours to get it into the server, due to the technical solution used.

Translators: I am finishing an intermediate release that would expose updates to GUI and also would help on the communication with the maps distribution server. Unfortunately, one of the longer help strings has been changed and was dropped by lang generator. I hope its OK and you could update it. Your older version can be seen at https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-...7c06756226482a among all other changes in line numbers.
Done.

One strings seems strange : "Creates directory<br>%1<br>and configures it for storing maps". Should really this string extend on several lines (br), despites the "and" that would indicate it is a unique sentence ?

Also can you explain the meaning of the "%L1 (D) / %L2 (W)" substring that is found in some strings. What do the "D" and "W" represent ? I forgot to ask last time, and have kept them as is in the French Translation.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
One strings seems strange : "Creates directory<br>%1<br>and configures it for storing maps". Should really this string extend on several lines (br), despites the "and" that would indicate it is a unique sentence ?
In practice, its "Creates directory<br>/home/nemo/Maps.OSM<br>and configures it for storing maps". Without breaking lines, you get a long path that is split into two lines on probably all devices. With the breaks, its clearer, I think.

Also can you explain the meaning of the "%L1 (D) / %L2 (W)" substring that is found in some strings. What do the "D" and "W" represent ? I forgot to ask last time, and have kept them as is in the French Translation.
. That's used during downloads. For example, 100.0 (D) / 200 (W) and tells you how much is left to download (D) and write (W) to the storage after unpacking.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus. I finished South-FD. to make Full request after each district or to continue with others to end?

Crimea region is part of South-FD for this moment. maybe delete Crimea district?

P.S. I corrected translation.

Last edited by XOleg; 2017-03-18 at 13:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
With the breaks, its clearer, I think.
Ok. Thanks. I've translated it like you expected, so it's good for me.

. That's used during downloads. For example, 100.0 (D) / 200 (W) and tells you how much is left to download (D) and write (W) to the storage after unpacking.
Ok. I'll see in the next translation batch if I can come up with something clear in French, in the meantime, it will stay like in English.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by XOleg View Post
@rinigus. I finished South-FD. to make Full request after each district or to continue with others to end?

Crimea region is part of South-FD for this moment. maybe delete Crimea district?

P.S. I corrected translation.
I must say I was very surprised seeing Crimea as a part of Russia as shown by Geofabrik. However, I decided not to enter into any political debate at that stage and just propagate regions as done by Geofabrik, hence the statement regarding hierarchies in README.

Situation with Crimea is a pain for many and quite well characterized by Wikipedia (de jure vs de facto) and its status. In OSM, they have "Boundary relation for territories occupied by Russia", if I remember correctly.

I would prefer to stay away from this sore subject. I think we could follow Geofabrik lead and position it according to de facto and you could go ahead and correct that as it is now and position it under South-FD.

Please note that if we get argumentation regarding this positioning, we would have to address it probably. Its just extremely sad that there is this war and the countries cannot continue focusing on well-being of each other

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus.
1. my question is about maps service, not political. We have 2 datasets for 1 region. server will work correct for voyagers?..

2. I make all regions without Pull request? Pull request will then?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by XOleg View Post
@rinigus.
1. my question is about maps service, not political. We have 2 datasets for 1 region. server will work correct for voyagers?..

2. I make all regions without Pull request? Pull request will then?
1.correct , that's best way to approach . let's put only one for the same region . if the region moved , them let's move it accordingly. so, please delete old
option and insert where it's moved now in hierarchy .

2. please submit when ready . it's not related to release , we can update it separately

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
1.correct , that's best way to approach . let's put only one for the same region . if the region moved , them let's move it accordingly. so, please delete old
option and insert where it's moved now in hierarchy .

2. please submit when ready . it's not related to release , we can update it separately
1. OK. I'll delete crimea-district.

2.OK. Two districts remain

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
I'll see in the next translation batch if I can come up with something clear in French, in the meantime, it will stay like in English.
I have the same problem in Swedish. There's no clear one-character translation, so I just keep the original letters. Optimal linguistic would be using the whole word. Like "left" and "written". Don't know if it is graphically feasible though.

Last edited by eson; 2017-03-18 at 16:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles