Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by qoh View Post
I've followed the entire thread. The amount of information is overwhelming.

Could we arrange to update the wiki?

Maybe someone can post links to the exact posts that handle certain parts of the install, and we compile them together.

What comes to my mind right now:
  • what to download & where
  • how to install (in multirom; how to skip tutorial)
  • how to apply all the fixes
  • all required workarounds (like 4-finger touch)
  • how to configure undervolting (including lowest voltages known to
    work)
  • screen wake up (lpm)
  • aliendalvik
  • anything else I might have overlooked
Many thanks for the proposal, something like this was in the pipeline. There is another thread with some useful information too:-)

As we will probably switch to cm13 within the next weeks i suggest just to wait. This might result in a new thread, wiki updates etc.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Excuse me for being blunt but could anyone explain the differences respectively advantages between cm13 and the older versions?
More stable? Faster?

The Following User Says Thank You to maem0Sapiens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Heureka! (Eureka)

During the weekend I started to read this years #asteroidos irc logs and while doing so porbably (almost certainly) found the solution to our longterm outstanding bluetooth-sleep-bug! Well it is 'kido', the lead developer of asteroidos, that found the solution... (See... 14:34:12 kido:holy guacamole!!)

So they had a huge problem with bluetooth-sleep on Qualcomm based SoC's... Sounds familiar?

After hours, even weeks of research there was a solution in the end: Turns out that the bluetooth stack never got a sleep signal from the system and therefore never went in suspend state.

If I got his solution right, he patched a small tool they use (brcm-patchram-plus) to configure the UART/IRQ for specific Broadcom bluetooth chips.The commit can be found here. Specially have a look at lines 213-216. Looks like he even included the values needed by our beloved Nexus5!

@mautz

I really think that this is the solution to our problem. I guess we should add that 'brcm-patchram-plus' tool and start it as a service after having started the bluetooth service. Looks like they do it that way in asteroidos. https://github.com/AsteroidOS/meta-a...e3c3d4fed6bc93

Last edited by minimec; 2017-04-24 at 15:33.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by maem0Sapiens View Post
Excuse me for being blunt but could anyone explain the differences respectively advantages between cm13 and the older versions?
More stable? Faster?
The new CM13 base should be more secure and better for battery life. Maybe even faster...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Germany
Hmm... With the new base we maybe need a updated recovery, or? TWRP 2.8.x with CM13 will definitely eject an error.

TWRP 3.1.0.0 by Captain Throwback
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=102780

Maybe interesting: EFIDroid (Multiboot)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...xus-5-t3580493

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forb'S For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by forb'S View Post
Hmm... With the new base we maybe need a updated recovery, or? TWRP 2.8.x with CM13 will definitely eject an error.

TWRP 3.1.0.0 by Captain Throwback
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=102780

Maybe interesting: EFIDroid (Multiboot)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...xus-5-t3580493

I already tested cm13 base with sfos some months ago using Multirom and an older version of TWRP without any issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Germany
Oh! Then I said anything. ;D
But perhaps nothing speak against a new/latest and working recovery ...

The Following User Says Thank You to forb'S For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
As we will probably switch to cm13 within the next weeks i suggest just to wait. This might result in a new thread, wiki updates etc.
Isn't the install procedure basically the same for either CM12 and CM13, so that it would just be a minor change in the docs once CM13 variant is working fine?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qoh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qoh View Post
Isn't the install procedure basically the same for either CM12 and CM13, so that it would just be a minor change in the docs once CM13 variant is working fine?
That is only a part of the installation routine / wiki and there is no significant change there. What about OTA, what about sfdroid ... Useful hints, kernel stuff etc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Probably worth mentioning that on CM12.1 with sensorsfix3.zip applied the z-axis lagging also affects rear camera in photo mode (video and front camera works smooth)

On the other hand, Cameraplus from openrepos works ok, so it must be something inside stock app that uses accelerometer.

Edit:

Fiddled with the cameraplus and it only allows to select 2Mpx in 16:9 proportions, while in system app I had 6Mpx selected, after switching to 8Mpx in 4:3 proportion even stock camera app started working ok. Weird...

Last edited by joruss; 2017-05-01 at 13:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joruss For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid