Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but what about switching the position of the Star button with the Refresh button? Having the Star button always visible is quite annoying as I am often adding/removing bookmarks by an accidental tap. Having the Refresh button there sounds much more useful.

Thanks.

Bookmarks gone, glad I only had a handful . Any way to save the bookmarks for example on PC?
Ok found a solution and the issue.
I don't know why exactly but the update creates a new subfolder called harbour-webcat inside the harbour-webcat folder in /home/nemo/.local/share/ .
So simply copy the *.sqlite database from /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-webcat/QML/OfflineStorage/Databases to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-webcat/harbour-webcat/QML/OfflineStorage/Databases
This should restore all bookmarks again. For restoring cookies and cache copy the .QtWebkit Folder over.
This also applies for all other applications that lost their settings or history or whatever they saved (e.g. also my video player or noto)

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-01-31 at 18:56.

Yep, it affects all apps because LocalStorage has moved. The data is still there but under a different path.

/home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-<app>/QML/OfflineStorage/Databases to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-<app>/harbour-<app>/QML/OfflineStorage/Databases

Commit which lead to this:
https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/libs...6a84afc9b137d7

Update: The new version 0.9 is out with many new features.
See https://openrepos.net/content/llelectronics/webcat for rpm download screenshots and a list of new features and this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYjdr5tCSs

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-01-31 at 19:26.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Wow, Webcat is getting really really good!

Annoying how the Store wants to downgrade back to 0.8-5.

Anyways, I'd like to request an easier way to close tabs. I think it would be nice for a popup to show if you touch a tab for a second or two in the bookmark view. Just like the new tab logo popup in web page view. When you have 4 or more tabs open it is cumbersome to handle them. Other choice is to maybe open tab only with a double click, currently if you want to close another tab and click it, it instantly opens it so you can't delete it straight away.

Just throwing some ideas.. ;-)

There is always the pulley menu in bookmarks/tabbar view which you can use to close the current tab.
Everything else might need a little bit code refactoring to get working somehow.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thanks for the new version! I must say I'm so far enjoying the innovative approach of extraToolbar.

Just one bug report (or is it a feature?):
The buttons of the extraToolbar are active even if the toolbar itself is hidden. Thus if you click on the lower part of a website, an action is triggered. It might be useful, but it is sometimes confusing that you cannot scroll the page if you start the gesture in the lower area. So, make it at least optional

This was not intended, so its a bug. Will be fixed soon.
edit: Fixed with 0.9-2
see: https://openrepos.net/content/llelectronics/webcat

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-02-03 at 11:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for the new version, the download manager makes this my number one browser on sailfish now! Very neat.

Tags
browser, webbrowser