Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Just installed 2.2.0.29 on my Dual SIM F5122, and managed (apparently) to convert to the official Dual SIM SFOS by doing the following (YMMV - PROCCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND HAVE A BACKUP AVAILABLE!!!):

Code:
# zypper ref
# zypper in droid-config-f5122 droid-config-f5122-bluez5 droid-config-f5122-flashing droid-config-f5122-policy-settings droid-config-f5122-preinit-plugin droid-config-f5122-pulseaudio-settings droid-config-f5122-sailfish droid-system-f5122 droid-hal-version-f5122 pattern:jolla-configuration-f5122 jolla-settings-networking-multisim
# zypper remove droid-config-f5121 droid-config-f5121-bluez5 droid-config-f5121-flashing droid-config-f5121-policy-settings droid-config-f5121-preinit-plugin droid-config-f5121-pulseaudio-settings droid-config-f5121-sailfish droid-hal-version-f5121
# reboot
You need Developer Mode and zypper installed. Each command starting with "zypper " needs to be on one line. The zypper install will ask to resolve a conflict involving droid-system-f5122 and droid-system-f5121, choose to install the f5122 version and remove the f5121 one.
I basically searched all packages with "f5122" in their name and replace the corresponding "f5121 ones.

After the Reboot my 2 SIM-Cards are detected without any manual changing of the configs, and the "About Device"- Dialog in the Setting states product as "Xperia X Dual SIM"

I only did some brief testing, but everything does seem to work fine. CSD tests als show no apparent failures.

And again, this is a "hacky" method I tried on my device and which seems to have worked. It might develop long term problems or not work on your device. Make sure to have backups available and be ready to reflash your device if anything fails!

EDIT: Added jolla-settings-networking-multisim to the list of packages to install, since it might be missing on previously unmodified SFOS X installs.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Last edited by seiichiro0185; 2018-06-02 at 13:55.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
... ok this time upgrade time 3pm cest ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
You need Developer Mode and zypper installed.
Goes without saying that you would need to:
HTML Code:
pkcon install zypper
whilst still upon 2.1.3.5 and not wait until 2.2.0.29 for now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
After 3,5 years, we get numbers in call history.
We do? How do I enable it, then?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
We do? How do I enable it, then?
honestly, i am still trying to find it also.
It is in the release notes "Issues reported by the community at together.jolla.com and fixed in this update" section which i read during the 30 min update.
True, i reported without testing...

EDIT: Ahhhhh. Looong press has news(?) on top. but not as i expected. I hoped for the list view...

Last edited by mosen; 2018-05-31 at 19:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
The same behavior (tap-and-hold) is already on at least 2.1.3.7, but no timestamp, only phone number and duration.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Thanks for clarifying. So where is the news

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I'm interested, why is it so important to see the exact phone number of a contact in the Phone application listing? I mean, I have hard time understanding the use case. One of my contacts called, great, why his/her exact phone number would be meaningful information in such a listing?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I'm interested, why is it so important to see the exact phone number of a contact in the Phone application listing? I mean, I have hard time understanding the use case. One of my contacts called, great, why his/her exact phone number would be meaningful information in such a listing?
Contacts can have multiple phone numbers. E.g. landlines, mobiles, work. Could be relevant information when returning a missed call.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Contacts can have multiple phone numbers. E.g. landlines, mobiles, work. Could be relevant information when returning a missed call.
Because of costs for the caller depending on the type of the phone number?

Or for some other reason? In Finland calling costs always the same amount whether recipient has landline, mobile, or work number. But I have a vague impression it may not be that way in everywhere.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x